Cydia message: "ILLEGAL REPOSITORY"...?

snurblet

Bronze
Apr 16, 2009
WNC, USA
I opened Cydia, everything looked normal, then opened it again a minute later and got this message:

illegal repo small but larger.jpg

I only have two user-added repos: FontSwap.me and moyashi, neither of which host cracked apps, TMK.

I've never seen this message before.

Um...?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've never seen that message before, I don't know if it came in the Cydia 1.1.1 update, though.

How come you've added FontSwap, don't you use BytaFont?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've never seen that message before, I don't know if it came in the Cydia 1.1.1 update, though.
It's not related to the Cydia update. There were reports of this message back in December from people that had installed a cracked version of Folder Enhancer from the xxxxxx xxxxx repo. I think it originates from the developers of the paid Cydia apps rather than Cydia or Saurik.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
No. There were reports of this message back in December from people that had installed a cracked version of Folder Enhancer from the xxxxxx xxxxx repo. I think it originates from the developers of Cydia apps rather than Cydia or Saurik.
Now I'm with you, I've just never seen that particular screeny.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm not sure why the OP is receiving this message, though. I haven't heard of it being erroneously displayed on devices that don't have cracked apps or associated repos installed.

offroadhunter

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
New York
I'm not sure why the OP is receiving this message, though. I haven't heard of it being erroneously displayed on devices that don't have cracked apps or associated repos installed.
I was wondering the same thing, it's odd to receive this message in error, maybe some sort of system glitch.

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
BytaFont and FontSwap both do the same thing and are both compatible with 4.x firmwares.

To the OP, I've never seen that message before until now. I had always heard something about the dev team wishing they could remove illegal repositories, but I don't think that can / will happen.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
I got that same message when trying to update folder enhancer from Cydia and that's where I originally bought it, went back latter an upgraded folder enhancer and all went well with no warning. Go figure.