Dev's Official 2.0.2 Jailbreak - GUIDE (with pics)

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
YES! Thank you SOO much Too Many Secrets. That did it!

Got the pineApple though, even though I unchecked it.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Hmm... On second thought. It didn't work. The pineApple and the pinwheel won't go away. I have to restore to the normal 2.0.2 again I guess.

DANG! That means I'm going to lose all of my birthday texts and call history! Sometimes I hate Apple.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Just jailbroke my 3G for the first time! I have previous jailbroke my V1 numerous of times (first time being the nate true way oh my days that took forever) this was very simple and very quick. faultless! now just having a browse through Cydia and seeing what the deal with it is!

w2830

Aug 23, 2008
for people who can't go throught the process.Try to only check the "cydia" on the step 2 or 3(can't remember exactly),everytime i tried to check the cydia along with installer,it just failed to pass.don't know why,might be just my case.but same thing happened when i was jailbreaking the 2.01 on my 3g.

sprintrjm

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Seattle
quickpwn

I just did quickpwn, and had 100% success with it.

Although since i have had no previous jailbreak experience, figuring out that you have to have the winterboard loaded to change themes took me about 10 minutes to figure out.

Quake on the iPhone is a trial in patience.

Now i have to spend time figuring out which cydia apps are the best.

What is all the talk about big boss? Should i look into it?

Thanks.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Big boss is basically the maker of some good apps and useful interfaces for the iPhones, install bigboss prefs and youll understand why big boss is so good

Stilgar702

Jul 14, 2008
No Cydia

After jailbreak I have no Cydia.
I have the Installerand have installed SSH.
I can Cyberduck in and I see Cydia in the /Application folder.
But it won't show up on the iPhone after jailbraking to 2.0.3.
Anyone have any ideas?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
After jailbreak I have no Cydia.
I have the Installerand have installed SSH.
I can Cyberduck in and I see Cydia in the /Application folder.
But it won't show up on the iPhone after jailbraking to 2.0.3.
Anyone have any ideas?
Someone else on the forum had this problem. I think the solution was to install an iTunes application (a free one will do) and the Cydia icon should appear.

C

cadsii

Someone else on the forum had this problem. I think the solution was to install an iTunes application (a free one will do) and the Cydia icon should appear.
yes that is correct... sorry haven't posted in a while kid was sick had to update my siite today.. also i added a 2G file and a 3G file now in the guide should help all our 2G users out there from gettin stuck at the pineApple

Ajax19

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
How do you know if you've successfuly jailbroken?

Like I've followed all the steps and it doesn't seem like its encountered any problems, but is there like a confirmation msg at the end or something? Or is there somewhere I can go to check?

Gmane

Jul 16, 2008
can someone please tell me if using pwn 2.0.3 to pwn the 3g iPhone will screw up the baseband for future unlocking or does pwnage tool have the baseband hack enabled for the 2.0.2

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
i have a question for some of you hacking gurus. how do you keep your contacts? like if i have problems jailbraking and i have to restore do i have to go and enter everything back in my phone? also when updates are available how do you update? do you have to restore and then re jailbreak? im really looking into doing it but i have to much stuff to lose that i don't want to have to re-enter. what about music and stuff do you lose it all?

timothy

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
Thousand Oaks, Californication
Just a drunken guess here... Don't I remember seeing something about the new Installer being targeted for 3g and probably working on iPod touch? Does that mean it may cause problems for v1 owners? We know Apple has worked the file systems differently on v1 and 3g, so maybe Installer in this incarnation isn't made for v1.

Just a guess and maybe too many JD/cokes... But I'd leave Installer out of the install as suggested above.