• No...12 hours and counting

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • YES!

Votes: 39 44.8%

• Total voters

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
My mother also got an iPhone yesterday and she had a bunch of trouble. Finally, she said, she woke up at 4am thinking, "This d**n thing should be working now." When it wasn't she called ATT and they walked her through the process. They didn't quite know what was happening either but finally when they were walking her through her .Mac settings the activation kicked in.

Who knows if the solution was there or something the did before that. But her's works now.

BTW, my wife and I are both on Macs and had no trouble. 5 mins each. My mother is on a PC and it was 8 hours.

mactigger

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
14 Hours here :(

I am in Southern California. BOO AT&T! You knew it would be like that, this is unacceptable! And I paid and ETF for this?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
Not to defend AT&T, but I think any carrier would have had trouble with this many activations in a 24 hour period. Funny how robhon has no trouble with 2 Macs and most people, I suspect, that are having trouble, probably are on Windows.

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
wow, pretty much 50/50. I know all this will smooth out, guys. Just try and go about your day and be patient. I think last night this poll would have been closer to 30% activated, 70% on hold, so it seems that the activations are trickling through.

joolee

Jun 30, 2007
No problems here... activated in about 3 minutes last night.

We upgraded our existing AT&T account, replacing one of our mobile phones. I was wondering about the people who are having trouble: are you setting up new phone service, switching from another carrier, or using an existing AT&T account?

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
We upgraded our existing AT&T account, replacing one of our mobile phones. I was wondering about the people who are having trouble: are you setting up new phone service, switching from another carrier, or using an existing AT&T account?

I am an existing customer.

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Not to defend AT&T, but I think any carrier would have had trouble with this many activations in a 24 hour period. Funny how robhon has no trouble with 2 Macs and most people, I suspect, that are having trouble, probably are on Windows.

Not sure about that, I am on a PC. If you take a look at the unofficial poll. There is no real correlation between Mac's and PC's getting activated. There IS a correlation between location.

Most of the non activations are in California, Nevada, Washington, it would seem.

lovemacs

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
There is no correlation b/n region. My brother and I have everything in common and his was activated in under 10 minutes... mine is still going..

SpyderDriver

Jun 28, 2007
I just passed the 19 hour mark.

How could AT&T have not been prepared for this? They supposedly hired extra employees but did anyone think of load testing these activation procedures? While I am grateful that I got one yesterday, I feel that a $640 emergency call device might be a tad expensive.

LTownBrodown

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Landrum, South Carolina
I just passed the 19 hour mark.

How could AT&T have not been prepared for this? They supposedly hired extra employees but did anyone think of load testing these activation procedures? While I am grateful that I got one yesterday, I feel that a $640 emergency call device might be a tad expensive.
yeah man, all we got is a emergency call device... im tired of waiting

jonno

Jun 30, 2007
Thats funny. I have resorted to watching the video on what its like for other people on the .mac website.
I also went back to the Apple Store and bought a case. Actually 2. I couldnt decide which one was best. Now I have watched the video - called 4 times to the call center - revisited the store (where they said I must be the only one affected) and spent hours here online, making sure Im not the last one connected (if ever). My wife is not amused.
15 Hrs and counting in New Jersey.

dreamworks18

Jun 30, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
This is just IGGNUNT!

I am beyond mad! I feel as if I can't go on until its activated. I was SO wanting to use my phone last night I broke down and called the only number it would let me, 911. But before it did anything I chickened out and hung up! I was 1st in line at my store here in Houston, out in the sun from 9am to 6pm! For what, a farmers tan?!? I just want to play with my $600 phone, is that too much to ask? I knew deep down there would be some sort of problem activating ourselves via our computer. I mean is Apple and AT&T SURPRISED that the servers are overloaded?!? MY GRANDMOTER could have told them that! At least i'm not alone! I think we should start a post and everyone can report the exact time when there phone gets activated from the big Apple in the sky! :p