Do you NOT use iMessage?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have NO issues with sending iMessages... whether it be to an Android... Blackberry.. or another iPhone users.. or... some other cell phones.. I can send video.. photo's and the like... if I send it to an iPhone user the bubble will be Blue... all others are green... also.. I never disable anything...
MoneyMaker caused a bunch of confusion in this thread. You shouldn't be having any problems. His problem is caused by him disabling cellular data. Then he can't send pics to Androids. So he disables WiFi and reenables cellular data and the the pics send. He mistakes disabling WiFi as being the fix. It was actually reenabling cellular data that did it. Avoiding disabling cellular data would fix his problem.

Just to clarify, though. You aren't sending iMessages to Androids and Blackberries. You are sending them regular SMS texts. Regular texts are green and iMessages are blue. You can only send iMessages to iOS devices.

Skuya65

Apr 12, 2015
South Dakota
Yes... I got lost reading the post... I meant any messge or what ever I send.. to anyone... no matter what type of phone it is.. a majority of my contacts have iPhones .. some have the Android... and 2 have Blackberries.. others ... just a typical walmart special cell phone..

Sent from a very sexy device.... Rawr...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes... I got lost reading the post... I meant any messge or what ever I send.. to anyone... no matter what type of phone it is.. a majority of my contacts have iPhones .. some have the Android... and 2 have Blackberries.. others ... just a typical walmart special cell phone..
Okay. That's exactly how it should work.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Not sure why exactly. But I always find it weird when owners of iOS devices don't use iMessage. Hence the question/thread. It's like a BlackBerry user not using BBM. Weird, that would be, no?

Reactions: MoneyMaker79

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not sure why exactly. But I always find it weird when owners of iOS devices do t use iMessage. Hence the question/thread. It's like a BlackBerry user not using BBM. Weird, that would be, no?
It's mostly due to a lack of understanding about iMessages. Sometimes it's a fear that Apple is spying on them and reading their messages. The fact that there is a lack of understanding with some users has been reinforced in this thread. Occasionally it's because someone switches SIMs all the time and doesn't want to have to bother with disabling and reenabling it frequently, so they just leave it off.

Skuya65

Apr 12, 2015
South Dakota
No.... they do have the Blackberry Message app for iPhone. I'm just not willing to download it for the only 2 contacts that have BB phones.

Sent from a very sexy device.... Rawr...

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
iMessage, along with FaceTime, are one of the reasons I came back to iPhone. Keeping in touch when I travel, especially my kids that don't have iPhones, is so very much easier. The girls each have an iPad mini and are very adept with both iMessage and FaceTime. Every member of my family (that I care to talk to) and most of my close friends use iOS. We often get in group messaging conversations which is great.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
iMessage, along with FaceTime, are one of the reasons I came back to iPhone. Keeping in touch when I travel, especially my kids that don't have iPhones, is so very much easier. The girls each have an iPad mini and are very adept with both iMessage and FaceTime. Every member of my family (that I care to talk to) and most of my close friends use iOS. We often get in group messaging conversations which is great.
Now don't start with FaceTime... that's a whole 'nother story