Does bestskinsever cover chrome border on iPhone?

miamibusta69

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
more pics for all you people waiting to get yours or are on the fence about it.. btw its hard to take pics of somthing thats see through lol.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I don't know about everybody else but the skin doesn't cover the entire bezel on my iPhone. It covers most of it, but it doesn't cover the flat portion, which is about 1mm wide. This sucks because that's where my bezel already has some minor scratches.

For those interested here's a pic with the areas that are NOT covered highlighted.
Again, pink means the area is NOT covered.

Notice the buttons and the speakers. The home button is covered but of course there needs to be a seam. Most notably you will see that the top of the bezel is uncovered, as are all 4 corners.

I've also noticed some problems with the touch screen. To turn wifi on/off, I have to press VERY EXTREMELY hard on the button.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I don't know about everybody else but the skin doesn't cover the entire bezel on my iPhone. It covers most of it, but it doesn't cover the flat portion, which is about 1mm wide. This sucks because that's where my bezel already has some minor scratches.

For those interested here's a pic with the areas that are NOT covered highlighted.
Again, pink means the area is NOT covered.

Notice the buttons and the speakers. The home button is covered but of course there needs to be a seam. Most notably you will see that the top of the bezel is uncovered, as are all 4 corners.

I've also noticed some problems with the touch screen. To turn wifi on/off, I have to press VERY EXTREMELY hard on the button.
Now tell me, is that pink part around the screen part of the actual screen or is part of the chrome border not covered?

miamibusta69

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
you cant cover thoese parts of the bezel it almost 90 degree it wont stick.

that home button porton is just silly are you kiding?

miamibusta69

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
for the bottom my covers everything but the speakers and the charging slot it wraps right around it . unless u didn't put the top and bottom on right..

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
you cant cover thoese parts of the bezel it almost 90 degree it wont stick.
They could have made the top piece that much larger so it would cover the flat portion of the bezel too.
that home button porton is just silly are you kiding?
It's just a seam, but I felt the need to be thorough. It could be a weak point, and you might get dirt in there.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
for the bottom my covers everything but the speakers and the charging slot it wraps right around it . unless u didn't put the top and bottom on right..
Does yours cover the corners completely? Maybe they gave me the small sized iPhone cover :laugh2:.

Seriously though, mine is largely protected around the speakers too. There's maybe a 1mm border around the speakers on the bottom of the iPhone that are unprotected. The top of the phone is even more protected.

In all, I'm mostly upset about the corners not being very well protected. That's quite often the first place a phone gets scuffed up. I think they could have done a better job of designing this, but it's 95% pretty darn good.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Now tell me, is that pink part around the screen part of the actual screen or is part of the chrome border not covered?
It's the bezel. But honestly they made the cover a smidgen smaller than the glass. Just a couple of hairs smaller than the screen.

So in actuality, the pink around the screen does include a teeny tiny portion of the screen. But it's minor. I'm sure most of the screen protectors do this.

thedanks

Jul 17, 2007
Plainview, NY
very happy with my skin, using it on everything but the front and its really great just be sure to read the directions. First try i put it on without baby shampoo/water mix just straight and i was like wow i don't get it. Next time i read the directions and dip the thing and its amazing. Love the thing. Still going to use a case around it but just for the extra protection its great.

miamibusta69

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
no mine doesn't but i tried to make it fit it just wont stick for some reason..

only way to cover corners if they gave small pieces and thats not practical for most people..

the home button is exactly the same as it was with out the cover its a button there has to be a gap.

there is nothing on the arket that covers as much as the bse so i mean theres really nothing to compare it to because there is nothing that will cover more.

miamibusta69

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
It's the bezel. But honestly they made the cover a smidgen smaller than the glass. Just a couple of hairs smaller than the screen.

So in actuality, the pink around the screen does include a teeny tiny portion of the screen. But it's minor. I'm sure most of the screen protectors do this.
IT is a hair smaller than the screen because the glass curves down all the way around.. mine fits 100% mayb u got a bad one?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
no mine doesn't but i tried to make it fit it just wont stick for some reason..

only way to cover corners if they gave small pieces and thats not practical for most people..

the home button is exactly the same as it was with out the cover its a button there has to be a gap.

there is nothing on the arket that covers as much as the bse so i mean theres really nothing to compare it to because there is nothing that will cover more.
Actualy it's a compromise situation. The BSE covers the chrome and not the corners while the Invisible shield covers the corners and not the chrome.:oops: