Don't trust those "protective" cases...

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
How bad was the damage exactly? I use the incase rubber case too and I have a couple of things on the silver part of the phone.

How did you go about an exchange?
The damage was horrible. It wasn't just a scratch or two. It looked like I had put a pocket fill of screws in my pocket and put the phone on top of them for two weeks.

As far as doing the exchange, I simply went in, asked for a manager and told him about the case issue, how it has scratched up my phone and that they had recommended it and he exchange it without a problem. Actually, he told me he was glad that I was telling him this because he was planning to get an InCase and I changed his mind!

Rumpelgeist

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
You people that are exchanging your phones, at Apples expense, because of tiny scratches on the chrome trim should be ashamed. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Live with your purchase with the understanding that it's not going to be perfect forever.

Incredible. :(
I take serious exception to your opinion (though you do have a right to it).

First: These were not tiny scratches. As I said in my last reply, it looked as if I had put a pocket full of screws in my pocket, put my phone in my pocket on top of them and walked around for two weeks. They were TERRIBLE! Not just one or two here and there; it appeared as if I had been "abusing" the phone for two years.

Second: Apple RECOMMENDED this case as a good, safe case that would protect my phone. Had they not done that, I would have looked at this in a different light, or had I personally been responsible for the damage, I also would not have exchanged the phone.

BUT! When I purchase and use a product to PROTECT my $600 purchase because the company that I purchased that product from recommended it and it DAMAGES that $600 purchase, then I believe that the company that RECOMMENDED that product has some level of culpability. And indeed, the manager at the Apple store not only exchanged my phone but also fell all over himself to apologize and told me to bring back the case, saying he would refund the full purchase price with no questions asked.

I am thrilled that Apple has this attitude. They are customer minded, as they should be!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Rumpelgeist