Drag and drop Program for Modding...

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
This is gay, I wish I would of seen this before, I just modded my iPhone tonight, and after a huge headache I got it all done....Good for the future though Thanks

I know. I just finished up a little while ago. Then I come here to see if there is anything new and "Voila". Well, at least all of our iPhones don't look the same anymore!:laugh2:

Left

Jul 17, 2007
WJP when i connect my iPhone the only things that show in the UI are DCM, Photos, and iTunes controls. I don't see the other folders
Those of you that got this program working, were you doing it the manually way first, through command lines, etc?

The only thing I've done so far is copied jailbreak.exe and iTunesMobileDevice.dll to the phonedmg folder and run the manzana program. But the only thing I get when I expand the / the only things I see are: DCIM, Photos, and iTunes_Control.

Did I miss a step somewhere?
For those of you having this problem, I figured it out. You need to run through manually running the jailbreak.exe program once at least.

If you're JUST getting started, then start from the beginning. Try this link:

http://www.hacktheiPhone.com/iPhone_ringtone_installation_windows.html

Go through steps 1-10, then you can use the manzana program.

Assuming you've already setup the manzana program with jailbreak and the iTunesmobiledevice.dll in the phonedmg folder, you can go directly to step 9 in the link above.

You only need to do this once it seems, then you can use manzana from here on out.

Good luck.

junkie

Jul 17, 2007
I need the update software :-(

Damn internet is blocked here at work from the update server !

Anyone able to help me out with this file ?

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
can you give a brief tutorial on how to open the prog and where the respective folder is located please

drcsblack

Jul 1, 2007
I cannot run program

I cannot get the program to run: keep getting a windows error:

any ideas,

win xp SP 2

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I cannot get the program to run: keep getting a windows error:

any ideas,

win xp SP 2

Probably missing .net framework...just google ".Net framework" and download V2.X once install is copmplete it will run just fine.

kellenbence

Jul 17, 2007

Do we install and run on PC or on iPhone device. When I install on Windows XP Pc it error reports ever time ?

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
thanks, I tried that but no luck...:oops:

I had a similar problem and just followed the following steps one more time:

(I had previously created PHONEDMG folder on Desktop when manually hacking the iPhone, steps for that are well documented in another thread and include downloading the 'restore' from Apple. You have to do this to allow jailbreak to 'OPEN' the iPhone up.)

1) Download: http://manzana.googlecode.com/files/ManzanaUI-svn-r10.zip

2) UnZip into PHONEDMG folder (Both .exe. and dll)

3) Ensure latest version of Widnows Jailbreak is in folder

4) Download and reinstall latest version of .net framework

5) shut everythign down and restart

6) Plug in iPhone

7) when XP is back up go to Task manager and shut down everything iPhone related (Apple or iPhone tags)

8) Open PHONEDMG folder on desktop, double click ManzaniUI exe

Manzani UI should popup and it should start reading directory of iPhone.

All, If i am missing anything please add an update.

Powerhouse

Jul 6, 2007
Ok, this program makes it super easy to add and delete stuff from your iPhone. Basically you can just drag and drop onto this program and that's it. So for those that need help, here is some easy steps for ya.;)

1. This program only works in Windows (sorry Mac people). If you get an error running it, you might need .net 2.0 from Microsoft installed on your PC (it's on their update site if you haven't installed it yet).

2. You still need Jailbreak and iPhoneInterface in your phonedmg folder (mine is under c:\phonedmg), or you will get a program error when you try to run it.

3. You need to run Jailbreak first, before using the interface, or your will only see folders like DCM, Photos, and iTunes controls. Once Jailbreak is run successfuly, the program will change and you will see all the iPhone folders. something like this...
4. So now that you have this information, you need to know where stuff goes right. Well here is some help with that too...

/Applications/Calculator.app/icon.png Calculator Icon Homescreen
/Applications/Maps.app/icon.png Maps Icon Homescreen
/Applications/MobileCal.app/icon.png Calendar Icon Homescreen
/Applications/MobileMail.app/icon.png Mail Icon Homescreen
/Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/icon.png iPod Icon Homescreen
/Applications/MobileNotes.app/icon.png Notes Icon Homescreen
/Applications/MobilePhone.app/icon.png Phone Icon Homescreen
/Applications/MobileSMS.app/icon.png SMS Icon Homescreen
/Applications/MobileSafari.app/icon.png Safari Icon Homescreen
/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/icon-Camera.png Camera Icon Homescreen
/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/icon-Photos.png Photos Icon Homescreen
/Applications/MobileTimer.app/icon.png Clock Icon Homescreen
/Applications/Preferences.app/icon.png Settings Icon Homescreen
/Applications/Stocks.app/icon.png Stocks Icon Homescreen
/Applications/Weather.app/icon.png Weather Icon Homescreen
/Applications/YouTube.app/icon.png YouTube Icon Homescreen

Notice that all the images are called icon.png (except the icons for the Photos and Camera), also notice its lower case too. Well, when you download a file you like for say YouTube (for example: UTube.png), you will need to rename the file icon.png before dragging and dropping it to /Applications/YouTube.app/

Hope this helps you all a little.

:cool:

tjespo22

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
where or how can we cut songs? can u just drag a song and drop it? can someone please help me.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Remember if you make your icons in paint, change .PNG to .png

it sometimes auto caps.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
hey I have my iPhone synced with my macbook pro and I was wondering if I could connect my iPhone to my dads pc that runs on vista and use this program?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Can you remove icons completely if you want? Say for example I wanted to remove the icon for you tube (since I never use it) it would be gone from the home page? I don't see a true use for this yet, other then to have more available background for a wallpaper behind these icons or something.