MacBook Easiest Transfer to New MacBook?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I have searched and have not found exact answer I am looking for here in the forums, but upon trying to transfer my songs and movies from my iPhone to my new macbook (I'm switching from windows), it won't sync all my stuff. What's the best way to do this. I also need to transfer my pictures (hundreds of them) from my windows computer to my new mac. I know there are several different methods but what has anyone found to be the easiest?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that depends, really... if you are experienced in using networks, you can share all of the folders containing the things you want to transfer, and just download them to your new computer. The bonus here is that if you have an existing network, you won't need any other hardware to do it, and if you're using ethernet, it will be pretty fast.

but, for most people, the easiest thing to do is save everything onto a flash drive, or external hard drive, then plug it into your mac and copy it all over. The benefit in this case is it's pretty easy to accomplish for basic users... plug-in, click-and-drag, unplug, repeat.

1beautifulmess

Jun 1, 2008
Give me a minute

I'm at work right now but when I get home I'll give you the website for the freeware but I downloaded this totally free software that allowed me to do this but I have an ipod classic. it was windows formatted but I would have had to do a reset and erase all my music and make it mac formatted. With this software iw as able to use it to download my windows downloads, reset my ipod and return the music-all of it including videos- back to the ipod with no casualty. It took less than an hour.

I can't promise it will work with the iPhone but you can try it.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
Did you get your MacBook from an Apple store? They offer complimentary transfer from any computer to your new Apple computer. All they ask is for you to make a folder on your old computer's desktop (Named "TRANSFER"), and put everything you want on your new MacBook in it. They'll do the transfer for you.

Other option is, if you want an in depth transfer, you can sign up for the One-to-One Service ($99 for one year), and not only do they do the transfer for you, but you can also go to any and as many different classes they have. They have a different class each week of the year. So if you wanted to, you could go to a class each week! Thats 52 different lessons. It's one-to-one, meaning you have an actual Apple "trainer" for a dedicated full hour.

Good luck!

Lannya

Nov 26, 2021
Maybe this information about mac will help someone