Enjoy Android

balisongflipper

Bronze
Jul 1, 2010
Chatham NY
Exactly. We hyped it, not Apple. And we had a lot more time to build it up this time around. This phone had Blair Witch Project-caliber hype and it would have been easier to scare a Spartan than live up to it. It not only needed a new design, it needed a design better than last year's. The iPhone 4 is the sleekest looking phone I've ever seen. What if they redesigned it and it didn't look as good as the iPhone 4? Imagine it looking similar to one of the Android phones with a plastic, terraced back and a protruding camera. The same people who are pissed that the 4S looks the same would probably find themselves wishing that Apple hadn't changed it. I think the black glass, uniform form factor and stainless steel is perfect.
This! Well put.
I'm cool with this look,.....until implants become available.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Just heard that the Google Prime will have a 3" HD screen and come paired with 3D bifocals. Also that Apple has patent suits already prepped to lock the thing out of the US market for at least a year.

Guess Android is gonna go the way of WebOS. Totally, we can just ignore iOS's number one competitor, make up all kinds of myths about it cause it will eventually have zero relevance to our products, if it doesn't already.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
We will allow you to join us. Lol

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app
Thank you! I've been waiting a long time for an iPhone! AT&T had very bad service/signal in the area I lived, when I was first shopping for a cell phone, so I ended up going with Sprint.

Mistress of Mischief

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Just heard that the Google Prime will have a 3" HD screen and come paired with 3D bifocals. Also that Apple has patent suits already prepped to lock the thing out of the US market for at least a year.

Guess Android is gonna go the way of WebOS. Totally, we can just ignore iOS's number one competitor, make up all kinds of myths about it cause it will eventually have zero relevance to our products, if it doesn't already.

I read Samsung is doing the same to Apple in Europe. Patent infringement on Siri.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I read Samsung is doing the same to Apple in Europe. Patent infringement on Siri.
I totally support rewriting the patent laws use on software and objects. Copyrights can still stand unless that gets crazy.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011

yes Apple has been doing a lot of that lately. it seems that now Apple would rather litigate than innovate.:(

Austin Berke

Oct 10, 2011
I believe it all depends on what angle at which you look at it. I'm coming from a less-than-par LG Optimus S, which means that this iPhone will be a huge upgrade for me. Obviously, I am more than content with the specs and design, but that's just because of my perspective.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
This is a great forum. It is nice to see users of other devices hang out here and sometimes even a spirited conversation can be appreciated. It is difficult for members that were not around in the early years to know the mood and spirit of this forum. It is unlike any other spot I have been which is the only reason I joined AND participated. I have READ other smartphone forums as I ran through devices but I knew this place was something special. I never posted in other forums but used them for answers, tips, etc.
Moderation isn't easy and as more members join that do have multiple devices or that have participated in other forums, it becomes a daunting task to preserve the comraderie that existed here. This isn't "just the internet place to talk crap about phones" lol.
True friendships have been forged here. Some of us get that. Some don't give a crap. It is what it is. I just try to steer clear of the flack when it hits the fan.