Enjoy Android

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I don't get that some reactions are like Apple is twisting their arm or using Jedi mind tricks on the people that want to upgrade. Who cares if you want to switch to an Android phone, good for you and I wish you luck with your future phone. Maybe we should start a who gives a crap if you want to ditch your iPhone thread.
I really think it has to do with the fact that a lot of us put Apple on a high pedestal and we were expecting Alot more. We know deep down they are capable of more....just with holding it from us. Apple is the icon of smart phones. The benchmark to which every smart phone is compared to. It just seems as if Apple is lagging.....as if they don't really care. People are gonna buy it. They know that. I think we were just expecting more "wow" and to blow team Android out the water. Now they are breathing a sigh of relief.

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I really think it has to do with the fact that a lot of us put Apple on a high pedestal and we were expecting Alot more. We know deep down they are capable of more....just with holding it from us. Apple is the icon of smart phones. The benchmark to which every smart phone is compared to. It just seems as if Apple is lagging.....as if they don't really care. People are gonna buy it. They know that. I think we were just expecting more "wow" and to blow team Android out the water. Now they are breathing a sigh of relief.

You do realize thou you have said the same thing now about, I don't know, 30 times?
I get it, and we respect your disappointment, but there's different ways to go about it.
Listen, I'm not 100% happy either, but I have bigger problems in my life than worrying about 5mm.
I wanted faster and I got it, better camera and I got that too, I get 200+ new features soon, awesome, I never heard Android ever doing that.
That's what keeps me from switching, other than the fact that Apple is a way of life for me now, sometimes it makes me happy and sometimes it doesn't, I still love that life thou.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
. I think we were just expecting more "wow" and to blow team Android out the water.
I think that a lot of us could care less about Androids. I personally choose my cell phone based on my needs. I would like to think that there isn't anyone out there that doesn't have some power of choice and everyone does the same thing. If a million iPhone users decide to get Androids because of this announcment it still doesn't effect me. I am still going to make my own decision. Apple knows they make the best smart phone (in their opinion). People obviously support them since they own that corner of the market. Apple has a plan and guess what it is a businesss plan. They have educated people that make educated guesses on what is going to make them the most money. If you do not want to give Apple your money don't. Quite frankly i do not think they care nor do i think they will read your rants (s as in repeated) on this forum.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

They do care. They gave us a phone that will provide a great user experience. It's much faster, it has a smooth UI, a long-lasting battery, a camera with exceptional optics, impressive voice controls, a sleek, thin design. And don't forget about the top-notch customer service. We also don't have to worry about fragmentation, if an app in the App Store will work on our device or if there is malware.

What they didn't give us is an extra 0.5 inches of screen and a new look.

This design didn't need to be changed. It looks great and it's high quality. The design looks better than any Android phone I've seen. I don't need people to see and immediately recognize that my 4S is not a 4. I care about what's inside. The fact that it looks great is a bonus.

They usually replace our screens for free when we crack them. This forum is full of threads where people have mentioned that. Are there countless threads on the Android forums where people have talked about how Samsung, Motorolla and HTC replaced their screen or water-damaged phone for free?

I don't watch many movies on a mobile phone and I don't think that extra 0.5 inches wouldn't make it that much better. It's still just a mobile phone. I wouldn't want to deal with the extra size all the time just so those movies could look a tiny bit larger. We have an iPad for that.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Think of all the happy lifeproof case customers that get to upgrade their phones without the need to buy another case, or outterbox (y)

Think positive my friends.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
K, well I was hoping the Apple team perused this forum and would get tired of my ranting and just go ahead and release the 5 with a bigger screen like next week. But I'm getting the hint that it's not going to happen. So I'm gonna just go drink a bottle of jack and drown myself in my sorrow.

Reactions: (L)

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I wanted a bigger screen. More memory would have been great too. Not having that in the latest release is not enough to make me jump ship though. I get that a lot of people are pissed about it and are ready to find something else. I can respect that too. But I think calling people iSheep because they just follow the heard doesn't make sense to me.

To me, the iPhone still has the best user interface and experience of all the droid phones I've worked with. Even more so, my iPhone streams Pandora, Netflix and my Slingbox to my car headunit (not to mention my music, movies, podcasts, etc.) My navigation system can take a photo from my iPhone and using the GeoTag info will plot a course to the location in the picture. I could go on.

So for me... not having a larger screen sux, but to pick up another smartphone just for that would mean I was giving up way more in return. Just not worth it to me. If it's worth it to others then I sincerely hope they find the perfect phone that fits their needs. YMMV

Reactions: acosmichippo

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
K, well I was hoping the Apple team perused this forum and would get tired of my ranting and just go ahead and release the 5 with a bigger screen like next week. But I'm getting the hint that it's not going to happen. So I'm gonna just go drink a bottle of jack and drown myself in my sorrow.

Pour me a shot. Heck, do 5.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I believe that this is the perfect size for a mobile phone. I think Apple chose it for a reason. Android competes by increasing numbers to try to top the iPhone. They aren't necesarily better. The 5 MP camera on iPhone 4 takes better pictures and smoother video than the 8 MP camera on the EVO and SG1 (phones that came out around the same time) because the optics are better. Increasing the screen size is attempt to top the iPhone. Apple doesn't care, nor do they play that game. Proof of this was provided yesterday. They believe that this is still the perfect screen size for most. If you are not one of them, you have options. You can get an Android. Apple isn't forcing you to upgrade. They are just trying to make a device that appeals to what most people need in a mobile.

It's not that bad; it's a half an inch. Cheer up, okay?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I almost feel as if this thread has been directed at me. If so, I understand. And let me apologize. I just feel strongly about the fact that I know Apple could have given us more. Without a doubt. I'm trying my best not to keep ranting about this, but I'm pissed. To the highest point of pisstivity. I mainly wanted a larger screen. At least 3.7. They could have fit that into the package we have now. Easily. I just held in my hands an original iPhone. It's a work of art to me still. More comfortable to hold. I was hoping that Apple would go back to the beautiful form factor they had. I was so hoping for this:

That my friends, is something to drool over. I'll try to refrain from my ranting...but it's hard...so bare with me

humm this mockup looks familiar nice big screen,thin, has a tapered form factor, an oval home button, and i bet i would be much lighter than the current iPhone 4. if all i gave you was the description and no pic you would think i was describing a GS2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I believe that this is the perfect size for a mobile phone. I think Apple chose it for a reason. Android competes by increasing numbers to try to top the iPhone. They aren't necesarily better. The 5 MP camera on iPhone 4 takes better pictures and smoother video than the 8 MP camera on the EVO and SG1 (phones that came out around the same time) because the optics are better. Increasing the screen size is attempt to top the iPhone. Apple doesn't care, nor do they play that game. Proof of this was provided yesterday. They believe that this is still the perfect screen size for most. If you are not one of them, you have options. You can get an Android. Apple isn't forcing you to upgrade. They are just trying to make a device that appeals to what most people need in a mobile.

It's not that bad; it's a half an inch. Cheer up, okay?
I will.....but only because you say so :)

Reactions: Europa

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Now I know why Napoleon is not posting, smart man LOL
I have found it funny he hasn't posted (that I've seen) since the 4s was announced. Maybe he's ticked like some of us lol!
Napoleon decided that he needed an extended break from the forum. This decision had absolutely nothing to do with the iPhone 4S announcement or the mood on the forum after the announcement. This is purely coincidental and he hasn't even logged on since Monday. He doesn't know when he will return.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Napoleon decided that he needed an extended break from the forum. This decision had absolutely nothing to do with the iPhone 4S announcement or the mood on the forum after the announcement. This is purely coincidental and he hasn't even logged on since Monday. He doesn't know when he will return.
Thanks for the update, tell him I said hello. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app