Enjoy Android

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What I'd like to know is how much Apple paid this guy to write that article.

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app
People have opinions and they are publishing it, that's all. Believe it or not, all motives are not monetary. Some of us really feel this way. One common factor you will find is that we don't need to impress people with our phones. I couldn't care less if my friends, colleagues or strangers see my iPhone 4S and assume it's an iPhone 4.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
They do care. They gave us a phone that will provide a great user experience. It's much faster, it has a smooth UI, a long-lasting battery, a camera with exceptional optics, impressive voice controls, a sleek, thin design. And don't forget about the top-notch customer service. We also don't have to worry about fragmentation, if an app in the App Store will work on our device or if there is malware.
I don't necessarily believe the part about fragmentation is true anymore. Will the 3GS be able to run iOS 5? I have some serious doubts. However, if it can then there are still certain apps that will only be able to be used with say the 4S.
Before I get flamed I've had an original iPhone, a 3G, and my wife has an iPhone 4. I skipped it last year to try Android. It's not for me. I'll be coming back to Apple with the 4S.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I don't necessarily believe the part about fragmentation is true anymore. Will the 3GS be able to run iOS 5? I have some serious doubts. However, if it can then there are still certain apps that will only be able to be used with say the 4S.
Before I get flamed I've had an original iPhone, a 3G, and my wife has an iPhone 4. I skipped it last year to try Android. It's not for me. I'll be coming back to Apple with the 4S.
well of course older hardware is a bit fragmented, but they still get way more support than Androids of similar age.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Napoleon decided that he needed an extended break from the forum. This decision had absolutely nothing to do with the iPhone 4S announcement or the mood on the forum after the announcement. This is purely coincidental and he hasn't even logged on since Monday. He doesn't know when he will return.
Thanks for the update. Tell him I don't like it one bit.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
How much do we have to pay to not have certain people write?
We can discuss this via pm's. I do accept pay pal.

I'm not trolling. I'm being silly, dumb and maybe somewhat annoying (to some of you Alot annoying) so don't take anything I say to heart or get all bent outta shape. I'm just messin

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Fragmentation is a real problem with Android. You can get a brand new Android phone and you will find apps in the Android Market that will not be compatible with it. All iPhone apps will be 100% compatible with the most recent iPhone.

Just this afternoon there was a guy on macrumors who was talking about fragmentation and the NFC chip in his Nexus phone. The phone was supposed to receive an update so this chip would become functional, but his carrier never provided the update so it was completely useless hardware. A later phone ended up getting the update. He was not pleased with Android.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
How about don't say it then. You admit to being annoying and dumb but continue to do it.
I think he's starting to come around. Give it some time. Some people's dreams were crushed yesterday when they didn't get that half inch.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Didn't say it would :)

I'm going to upgrade to the 32Gb white version as soon as it's available in the UK.