Enjoy Android

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can all enjoy some outdated tech at $649. Enjoy, Seriously. I bought the Samsung Galaxy SII and it is for one, 10X better than the iPhone 4. And ALREADY outshines the specs of the iPhone 4S. Which hasn't even been released yet. Not to mention the Galaxy SII is lighter, thinner and had an amazing Super Amoled 4.3" screen. I don't intend in looking back to Apple anytime in the near future.. Siri? Android already has that. It also has notification centre. But Apple thought of those two things?

As always. This is my view on it. I am happy with my choice and glad I got a lighter, Thinner and better phone for my money.
Oh so now im not on ios im no longer allowed to be a part of this forum? I am glad i switched. thats all im saying. it is very refreshing to say the least..
Of course you're still allowed to participate here. I'm glad that you found a phone that you're happy with. I know the bigger screen was important to you. However, I think you'll get less flak if you debate fairly. Saying that the 4S is $649 is very misleading. Pricing is determined by subsidization eligibility and many can get it for $199. Before the SGS2 came out in the US, thousands of people in the US ordered it from the UK or Europe and paid $700-$800. SGS2 is thinner in certain part and thicker in others, so using that as a topic of debate is pointless. The overall dimensions of the SGS2 are thicker. Apple won the right to the thinnest smartphone.

Reactions: Tinman

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Plus the A5 on the 4S is expected to be underclocked due to the significantly smaller battery. Or is this just rumor?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
except that the iPad2 and the iPhone 4S both are running the A5 chip. Not like a mac with a sandy bridge chip and an iPhone with an A5...
i can't believe your trying to prove a point on something you nor anyone hear even has yet.:LOL:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Plus the A5 on the 4S is expected to be underclocked due to the significantly smaller battery. Or is this just rumor?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
It's underclocked, all iPhone models have been, but I think the battery is the same size as the one in the iPhone 4.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
It's underclocked, all iPhone models have been, but I think the battery is the same size as the one in the iPhone 4.
Sorry, smaller than the iPad2 hence that the iPhone would be underclocked, hence the iPad2's GL benchmarks won't be the same as that of the iP5's.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Sorry, smaller than the iPad2 hence that the iPhone would be underclocked, hence the iPad2's GL benchmarks won't be the same as that of the iPad2's.
Not sure what battery size has to do with processing speeds and performance, but yeah, the screen is much smaller so it doesn't need the same size battery, nor would it fit.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
He's saying that underclocking helps extend battery life, which is needed in the iPhone since it has to squeeze by on a smaller battery than the ipad. I assume the last part was supposed to be "hence the 4S's GL benchmarks won't be the same as that of the iPad2's."

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Gotcha. Thanks. That's where the strength of iOS comes into play. It runs smoothly despite the underclocked processor, there is no need to overclock, and it doesn't have to be rooted to make battery life acceptable.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Additionally, the 4S shares the exact same graphics processor as the iPad 2, so I don't think the graphics tests will be too far off.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Just reading over this thread a few pages back, everyone is a self-proclaimed expert. I would love to overclock my iPhone 4, just to see what it's capable of, nothing more nothing less.