ETA for the white

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me
I want a white iPhone 4. Badly.

Let's play the guessing game and come up with possible launch dates for the white one and why.

Me? Probably mid-August. Something had to have happened during production (despite there being lots of white iPhone 4's at WWDC).

monkeybobblair

May 27, 2008
I really, really want the white one, too. Every fiber of my being is telling me to believe this article: http://blogs.windwardreports.com/adamm/2010/06/white-iphone-4-will-be-available-at-launch-.html. But, alas, I know it will not be so...

So very sad.

Classick

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
I'll jump off a bridge if it's anytime after June 24th.

I just emailed Steve Jobs about this, so let's hope he happens to read my email out of the 21389071248097102487 he must have received about this same topic by now.

Perplex

Silver
Jul 5, 2008
Columbus, GA
www.myspace.com
I whole heartedly believe white iPhones will drop on launch day. they just didn't want to take preorders for it since they are limited mroe than the black iPhones.

its going to be June 24th im more than positive about that. Best buy is the only people who took preorders for it (i believe in error) but now they have to honor it.

Misie

Bronze
Jun 14, 2010
Louisiana
Just my thought if the white doesn't come out on the 24th like everyone is hoping they will, I think it would be kinda stupid if Apple were to release it anytime before that 30 day mark. (althought I'd be one of them) so many people would be going exchange them for a white one then they would have all these black ones that they would have to sell as refurbished. And then would they not lose money then?

Misie

Bronze
Jun 14, 2010
Louisiana
And id say about the only honoring BB would be able to do is gaurentee them a white one when it does come out if they don't want a black one. BB has no control on what Apple sends them and I'm sure Apple won't just send them some just because of there own mistake.

lionqueen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2009
Beautiful San Francisco
^ Thats what I'm wondering as well. They can't be so stupid that they haven't thought of that. I wanted white myself, and if it's available before the 30 day mark and all I have to pay is 20 bucks, I'm definitely swapping. If they didn't want to deal with that they should have given us some info in the first place, or at least let us know that white wouldn't be available. This whole staying mum thing gets more annoying by the day.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
The nice sober looking lady at the local Best Buy mobile counter last night said she had been told mid-August.

monkeybobblair

May 27, 2008
I really want to believe that there will be whites available on the 24th, but I don't really buy it. There's no reason to not have them available for pre-order if they won't be there on iDay...