evasi0n iOS 6 Jailbreak Released

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That's it? I guess they mean actual Cydia installs and not individual app installs from Cydia?

King_Apollo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2010
Big "D"
So I restored my phone via iTunes since I had previously done an OTA update, set it up as new and performed the jailbreak. After completing the jailbreak, I launched cydia and let it complete it's download process. Then it says there is an available update "evasi0n 6.x Untether". Is it necessary to install this update? I ask cause the first time I did the jailbreak, after wards I installed this update and my phone would not reboot on it's own. It would get stuck at the Apple logo screen and I would have to plug it into my computer for it to finish booting up.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I'm gonna do it. I'm currently backing up to iTunes. I previously backed up to iCloud. Than I'll restore as new, jailbreak and than restore from backup. Wish me luck. I'll be back if I run into any problems.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I need help. I'm restoring from iTunes backup and I'm missing a folder and apps. Can I cancel the restore nd use the iCloud backup? How do I do this?

TheDeafGuy

Bronze
Jan 25, 2009
Has anyone bothered to update and jailbreak the AppleTV 2? Just wondering how that went....

On another note, I JB'ed my phone last night, pretty impressed with how simple it was. Still learning of which apps are compatible/incompatible as I get a chance here and there.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I need help. I'm restoring from iTunes backup and I'm missing a folder and apps. Can I cancel the restore nd use the iCloud backup? How do I do this?
I restored but I'm missing apps. I backed up to iCloud and iTunes before the jailbreak but the apps aren't there. I restored from iTunes. How can I restore from iCloud?

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I have one other question. How does Cydia handle multiple devices. Everything I previously had on my iPhone 4S is now on my 5. But I jail broke my iPad too. Do I have to use a different account to buy tweaks for it?

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Will 3G unrestrictor allow unlimited data AT&T users FaceTime with data?

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
On the "dark respring" subject: When I tried to download Gridlock (which, judging by this thread is still incompatible) and had to respring, it behaved normally at first, then the Apple logo appeared, only darker...the screen THEN went black, and when my lock screen came up, I was in safe mode.

After uninstalling Gridlock, the respring behaved normally.

Weird.

Unrelated issue: I just noticed TONS of my App Store apps are missing. Like, vanished. Dropbox, Photoshop Mobile, Angry Birds...all gone. Not showing up on a spotlight search. Gone.

I'm not sure if they were missing immediately post-JB, or after I was finally able to install FolderEnhancer and Infinidock (both legit, paid in Cydia)....so weird.