everythingiCafe App Version 1.8 Now Available in the App Store

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Got it. Will see if we can do that in the future. Not sure if it would require any additional resources (pulling data). This is more of a "new feature" than a bug, but certainly something worthy of consideration.
Ok cool, not a big deal, just noticed it was missing. sometimes you would see the like before you even checked on the dashboard.
another thing, everytime we close the app from multitasking you have to sign back in again. Ok now I'll go before I get a shoe thrown at me.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Chris, when will email email notification show the whole message again? I rarely use the app but do not want to have to go back to the post to see the responses.
This will be part of the next big forum update, which will be sometime this fall.

Reactions: Skb2000

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Is there still no ETA on the update? Sometime this fall is quite a generic statement.
The developers are running what appears to be an alpha version on their site, since it's not feature complete with what I know will be included in the update. Their beta release date is "before the end of summer". They are based in the UK, so I'm not sure when summer ends for you, but it's pretty much ended here. My plan is to test the beta on other sites and likely wait for a few bug releases before updating eiC. Timeframe is highly dependent upon their pace and where we are with the iPhone 5, iOS 5 releases. I'm not crazy enough to start performing updates when things starting grooving again.

If I were to guess...best case scenario would be October. Worse case would be November.

Reactions: iphonewarrior

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
The app will still log me off when I close it out 90% of the time.
I've uninstalled, hard reset, reinstalled and same problem.
This is on my 3GS on 4.2.1 JB with greepois0n.
iPad 1, updated to 4.3.5 then went back down to 4.3.3, for jailbreak reasons. It does the same thing as the phone and if I attempt to go into a PM (existing conversation) as soon as I tap on the area to type a reply or tap the reply icon the app crashes.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Turns out logging out and back in didn't fix the issues.

I am going to delete the app and reinstall and see what happens. I'm getting that "you have to be logged in to do that" message. :confused:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Turns out logging out and back in didn't fix the issues.

I am going to delete the app and reinstall and see what happens. I'm getting that "you have to be logged in to do that" message. :confused:
When are you receiving that message?

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
When are you receiving that message?
Just clicking on the app it gives it to me. I thought it was OK after I logged out and then back in but I think I restarted my phone and then it happened again. I'll let you know if deleting and reinstalling the app fixes it.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Ok deleted and reinstalled. Logged in and seems ok. I'll let you know if that message pops up again. Hopefully not.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
The app keeps crashing on my iPad when I try to reply in a conversation, anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The developers are running what appears to be an alpha version on their site, since it's not feature complete with what I know will be included in the update. Their beta release date is "before the end of summer". They are based in the UK, so I'm not sure when summer ends for you, but it's pretty much ended here. My plan is to test the beta on other sites and likely wait for a few bug releases before updating eiC. Timeframe is highly dependent upon their pace and where we are with the iPhone 5, iOS 5 releases. I'm not crazy enough to start performing updates when things starting grooving again.

If I were to guess...best case scenario would be October. Worse case would be November.
Summer has pretty much ended over here, so it's not too far away. I'm looking forward to update, having a few more controls are always nice ;) I think it's wise holding off on the update before seeing it in action. Do you have an offline copied version of eiC you run updates onto first, or do you just update the lot?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Getting back on topic, occasionally after quitting the iCafe app it logs me off. So when I re-launch I've got to re-type my UN and PW.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Chris, late time I updated the app was unusable...it kept crashing. I'm still on 4.1...will I have this issue again? Thx
I have been told that it is compatible with 4.1. As you'll note in this thread, there are still a few issues that will be ironed out in a new build.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Yes, when I close the app for any reason (like shutting off the phone) then I have to log in again when I start the app.

:(

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I don't think this has been mentioned, but I have seen a decrease in stability from 1.7. Crashes just a few more times, but not that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Sounds like ill be in the waiting boat for a while. The app version I have right now is working fine. If I gotta keep logging in, I wont visit as much. (I know I know, some of you would like that now wouldn't you? Lol)