Everythingicafe: the community app now available in the app store

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I love convenience. That's not it. The app is. Fast too.
I find the mobile website to be just as fast and much more convenient. If I use the app, I constantly have to switch to the mobile site to view threads that are inaccessible and give post ratings. Also, being able to swipe to go back to the new posts saves time.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
Uninstalling the app, sadly the ads ruined it for me. I'm getting similar annoying ads :(
I don't quite understand how it ruins it. It's still nice to use and fast. Yes no one likes ads but other apps have them like Pandora which I use still. But hey we all have our own preferences.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I don't quite understand how it ruins it. It's still nice to use and fast. Yes no one likes ads but other apps have them like Pandora which I use still. But hey we all have our own preferences.
Well it sucks when you are in a meeting and open this app only to get interrupted by a full page ad with video and sound which can be disrespectful to others. I just want to be able to quickly catch up on the latest posts without being interrupted by an obscene ad. If you don't understand that then I don't know what else to say.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
Well it sucks when you are in a meeting and open this app only to get interrupted by a full page ad with video and sound which can be disrespectful to others. I just want to be able to quickly catch up on the latest posts without being interrupted by an obscene ad. If you don't understand that then I don't know what else to say.
I understand that now. As for me, I keep my iPhone on silent unless in a video app that requires sound to be on to watch.

Reactions: liberated

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The mobile website it not slow. I can load pages in milliseconds and swipe to get back to the new posts list instantaneously. I have a feeling you are just so used to using the app that you are resistant to testing other methods and can't fathom why anyone else wouldn't use it. Ads ruin apps, especially revolting ones. There's no way I would put up with them if there was an alternative option or way to block them. Especially an option that is fast, looks just like the full site, is full-featured, stable and has working notifications. This website existed (full site and mobile) long before an app was made for it...

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
The mobile website it not slow. I can load pages in millisecond and swipe to get back to the new posts list instantaneously. I have a feeling you are just so used to using the app that you are resistant to testing other methods. Ads ruin apps, especially revolting ones. There's no way I would put up with them if there was an alternative option or way to block them. Especially an option that is fast, looks just like the full site, is full-featured, stable and has working notifications. This website existed (full site and mobile) long before an app was made for it...
I never said the mobile site was slow, and yes you're right that I am so used to using the app. I love the app. The ads don't get in my way that much lol. I'm using it right now and every time.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I concur that, for my way of visiting the forum, the app is considerably faster. I can quickly get in for a few moments to see what's new and then get on with it. The Safari/mobile interface, for me, requires a lot more scrolling and swiping. I concede that it may be more productive for some, especially the mods, it's just not that "efficient" for me.
YMMV

Reactions: MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I concur that, for my way of visiting the forum, the app is considerably faster. I can quickly get in for a few moments to see what's new and then get on with it. The Safari/mobile interface, for me, requires a lot more scrolling and swiping. I concede that it may be more productive for some, especially the mods, it's just not that "efficient" for me.
YMMV
This is exactly my reasons to use the app as well. :)

Reactions: Target

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Maybe if @chris cut the pay of his overzealous and overpaid mods, he wouldn't have to raise so much money via these ads.

And for the record, I'm being totally sarcastic with my adjectives about these mods. They do a great job. Especially @Europa.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
YMMV
It sounds like you aren't using the mobile site optimally if you're scrolling a lot. If you click the time next to the post in the new posts list, it takes you right to the last post. Clicking an alert will also take you right to that post. Swiping to go back from there actually saves time since it's instantaneous and works from all areas of the left side of the screen. The app doesn't support it. Apple implemented it because of the speed and convenience. Since I'm using the mobile site optimally, I can navigate faster on it than I can on the app. I don't have any special mod enhancements to speed things up. I'm viewing the same forum you are.