Everythingicafe: the community app now available in the app store

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
A former "hardcore" eiC app user, I switched to the paid Tapatalk app about a year ago. Since Tapatalk recently took a nose dive, I've become a happy convert to the eiC mobile site. The only bug I've found is that "marking forums read" requires a couple extra taps to accomplish the task. I agree with those who don't tolerate apps with ads, major buzz-kill.

Reactions: Europa

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Does anyone else get a notification from the app saying there is a NEW thread started when in fact there is only a REPLY to a thread you are watching or have participated in?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Anyone using the free version of Tapatalk and the eiC app? Is the ad frequency (# shown) the same?
I don't see ads in TapaTalk for eiC. I do see ads on some other forums, but not many. I follow 14 forums on TapaTalk. Maybe 3 have ads.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Reactions: MrMike6by9

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I'd pay to remove the ads but really the only ads I dislike are the intrusive full on page and video ones
The video ones are annoying yes, but you can exit and then re-enter. :)

I may have misunderstood. I'm not sure how much money would be needed monthly or whatnot to keep it running but that would be tough to make happen and hope would continue. Most free apps have ads.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
The video ones are annoying yes, but you can exit and then re-enter. :)

I may have misunderstood. I'm not sure how much money would be needed monthly or whatnot to keep it running but that would be tough to make happen and hope would continue. Most free apps have ads.
I know you can dismiss them but it takes extra steps. As far as payment, I'd be willing to do a one time payment of 20 dollars or so.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
@chris, have you ever considered offering a paid membership to the site that would eliminate the ads?
No, I don't think it's viable. As for a paid ad-free app, that's something I might consider. For now, my recommendation is to use the mobile template, which remains ad-free.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I could use help producing screenshots for the iPhone 6 Plus for submitting an update to the App Store. If anyone has an iPhone 6 Plus with a relatively new version of the app, could you please share a couple of app screenshots. This will allow me to submit a new update of the app for review. Thanks in advance.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I could use help producing screenshots for the iPhone 6 Plus for submitting an update to the App Store. If anyone has an iPhone 6 Plus with a relatively new version of the app, could you please share a couple of app screenshots. This will allow me to submit a new update of the app for review. Thanks in advance.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1439739222.083977.jpg

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
Accidently pressed reply.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1439739309.292629.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1439739321.609366.jpg

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
Can you send actual size? Shoot me an email chris at everythingicafe.com. Thanks!
They have been sent from iPhone. Let me know if they are not the right size. Lol. I just attached them to email, no options came up for me to choose, so they should be alright. :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
@MoneyMaker79, please temporarily disable your status bar tweaks that indicate the phone is jailbroken and send a couple new ones to @chris. Screenshots for App Store apps need to look stock.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
They have been sent from iPhone. Let me know if they are not the right size. Lol. I just attached them to email, no options came up for me to choose, so they should be alright. :)
I emailed them to him as he requested. The app update has been submitted.

Edit. I read an update of your post. I'll send now ones.

@MoneyMaker79, please temporarily disable your status bar tweaks that indicate the phone is jailbroken and send a couple new ones to @chris. Screenshots for App Store apps need to look stock.
I just noticed I quoted myself. I emailed Chris just now the non-jailbroken photos.

Last edited: