Explain to me SSH install please

billchase2

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Yes that sounds about right.... Not sure what it could be. What proggy are you using to access it?
are you sure that's the right ip address? i only ask because mine is almost the exact same and i'm wondering if we're using the wrong IPs. when i browse to websites that tell me my ip address on my iPhone, it tells me something different.

which ip do we use?

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
are you sure that's the right ip address? i only ask because mine is almost the exact same and i'm wondering if we're using the wrong IPs. when i browse to websites that tell me my ip address on my iPhone, it tells me something different.

which ip do we use?
the 192.168.1.xx is the ip of your wireless router.... anything else is your real ip, you don't use that....and remember you can only ssh through wireless netwrok.

Babyboy212

Jun 29, 2007
the 192.168.1.xx is the ip of your wireless router.... anything else is your real ip, you don't use that....and remember you can only ssh through wireless netwrok.

Since we can only ssh through wireless network, does this mean we'll only be able to use the NES emulator when connected to a network? If so, then I can't use it to kill time at work (if/when i ever install the thing) :(

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Since we can only ssh through wireless network, does this mean we'll only be able to use the NES emulator when connected to a network? If so, then I can't use it to kill time at work (if/when i ever install the thing) :(
No, it is just how you are connecting. Go to "Settings" - "Wi-fi" - then click on the blue arrow by the wireless network you are connected to. That is your phone IP. Use that.

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I have a mac.. i want to install the NES app on the iPhone.. just tell me what i need to do to do this.. i don't have SSH on my iPhone and i have a mac.. please tell me i need a walkthrough and im kinda new to terminal if you have the time.. please write me back
First, install the ssh autoinstaller from HERE and do what it says, then the best walkthru for a mac that I found is HERE, but seeing as how you just used the autoinstaller, skip to the point in the tutorial where it says "Next we need to secure ssh..." then proceed from there. :cool:

Hope that helps

Babyboy212

Jun 29, 2007
No, it is just how you are connecting. Go to "Settings" - "Wi-fi" - then click on the blue arrow by the wireless network you are connected to. That is your phone IP. Use that.
Don't think you answered my question... I was wondering: Is it possible to use (not install) the NES emulator and play the roms without having a wifi connection?