Facebook app and Jailbroken phones

comncense

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It seems a lot of people on the App Store's review page for Facebook are saying that the latest update for the Facebook app doesn't work with jailbroken phones. I updated Facebook yesterday when the update was released and haven't been able to login since. Anyone else with a jailbroken phone having the same problem?

larryo108

Bronze
Dec 22, 2009
I am jailbroken and updated facebook. I have had no issues. In fact I just used it to check-in at my location.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
It seems a lot of people on the App Store's review page for Facebook are saying that the latest update for the Facebook app doesn't work with jailbroken phones. I updated Facebook yesterday when the update was released and haven't been able to login since. Anyone else with a jailbroken phone having the same problem?
It's not playing nice with some jailbroken applications utilizing mobilesubstrate. biteSMS and iBlacklist are two examples. It's an issue with Facebook but the dev for biteSMS was kind enough to release a fix.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Ahh ok cool. I just had uninstalled BiteSMS and it worked. I guess I'll go back and check for the update. Thanks for the info.
The update won't be in Cydia until, at the earliest, Monday. However, you can manually update the one file that will fix the issue. Here is the post from the dev of biteSMS with instructions. It's very simple. Let me know if you need help.

http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/1/topics/2759

Good luck.

tdc129

Aug 20, 2010
My Facebook app still doesn't work on my jailbroken phone and I never had bitesms installed. Does anyone know of anything else that might hose it up?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
My Facebook app still doesn't work on my jailbroken phone and I never had bitesms installed. Does anyone know of anything else that might hose it up?
Again, it's not just biteSMS causing this problem. I know iBlacklist has been reported causing problems. Virtually anything utilizing mobilesubstrate could be the culprit.