Facebook = HTML5

kieboy

Apr 15, 2010
the only thing that people are complaining about the ipad not having flash is because of the apps and games like what facebook has (which is in flash) an entire gaming with community involved. Seriously, you think Apple will let that happen knowing it could compete with the apps and games being sold in the appstore? HTML5 for now is just plain video clips, not much that would affect Apple's businesss or even no effect at all. Now unless FB finds a way to do games in HTML5 and signs a deal with Apple, the inevitable will be users looking into p2p. I think if there is such deal, Apple will be more than happy to oblige.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
the only thing that people are complaining about the ipad not having flash is because of the apps and games like what facebook has (which is in flash) an entire gaming with community involved. Seriously, you think Apple will let that happen knowing it could compete with the apps and games being sold in the appstore? HTML5 for now is just plain video clips, not much that would affect Apple's businesss or even no effect at all. Now unless FB finds a way to do games in HTML5 and signs a deal with Apple, the inevitable will be users looking into p2p. I think if there is such deal, Apple will be more than happy to oblige.
If FB finds a way to do their games in HTML5 like I think they will then they will not need to sign any deals will Apple! Free enterprise.

kieboy

Apr 15, 2010
If FB finds a way to do their games in HTML5 like I think they will then they will not need to sign any deals will Apple! Free enterprise.
true. but then Apple will simply block this feature...a simple phrase like "it breaks the user experience due to hogging resources" will be enough to implement it. but anyway, we won't see this happening in a few months time. off to play Cafe world!

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
If FB fixes their stuff to HTML5 how will Apple block it? Their free app, sure but I and many use FB through Safari. That said, I do believe that Apple may end up getting a cut somehow. They always seem to anyhow!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
What are you guys talking about if facebook changes the games to HTML5? Facebook doesn't make the games.

mori

Bronze
Nov 16, 2007
No he is right fb only host the games zynga makes the game among other. They are the one that need to change it to html5 but then I think fb needs to allow it or make it easier for thEm to make and then host it

I just don't know why they don't just make it into an app. And link it to fb. Shrug

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
No he is right fb only host the games zynga makes the game among other. They are the one that need to change it to html5 but then I think fb needs to allow it or make it easier for thEm to make and then host it

I just don't know why they don't just make it into an app. And link it to fb. Shrug
I never said he was wrong. I just asked for an explanation such as you gave. I mean what's the point of me just saying that you're wrong, and then you saying why, and then me telling you why? If I think you're wrong I should say so and give my reason up front.

As for the FB games it doesn't really matter who makes them because it's not Apple and since FB is now offering their videos in HTML5 for obviously the iPad users it only makes sense that their games would follow suit at some point.