Feature I just Discovered

Magicman4131

Bronze
Jul 25, 2009
California
If you are listening to music or anything on YouTube and hit the home button it stops. But after you leave YouTube, double tap the home button swipe to the left and hit the play button and it will continue playing the audio.

I never knew you could do this and thought it wasn't possible, especially weird since the iPad has multitasking and this feature is hidden.

Works with iPhone too!

HighPad

Feb 4, 2011
El Paso, TX
after you leave YouTube, double tap the home button swipe to the left and hit the play button and it will continue playing the audio.
This is funny. Like pressing up-up-down-down on a game pad to unlock God-mode or something like that.

Wouldn't it be cool if there were all kinds of hidden iPad features that could be "unlocked" by knowing the right "swipe sequences". They were "undocumented" but published once a month in a magazine, iPad Secrets.

Your iPad could glow in the dark, if you knew the right swipe code.

:-D

A magazine like that would make a killing...

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Ya I discovered this one by accident, I would watch YouTube get distracted do something else, then get ready for my iPod by double clicking/pressing play, or hitting play on the headset then get creeped out by the audio when I was expecting some bumping sounds.

HighPad

Feb 4, 2011
El Paso, TX
Apple's always done this. Proud that they give a slim pamphlet as an "operator's manual". I'm still amazed at all the shortcuts I've discovered on my Mac from just trial and error, huntin' and peckin'. Functionalities/shortcuts/timesavers that are otherwise undocumented.

S

samsa

Give Apple a chance.

We can give liberty to Apple for this and lets give them chance to improve it more.:cool:

Overall it rocksss

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
If you are listening to music or anything on YouTube and hit the home button it stops. But after you leave YouTube, double tap the home button swipe to the left and hit the play button and it will continue playing the audio.

I never knew you could do this and thought it wasn't possible, especially weird since the iPad has multitasking and this feature is hidden.

Works with iPhone too!
OMG! Thank you so much. This also works on the iPhone and I had no idea!

Thanks again!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Apple's always done this. Proud that they give a slim pamphlet as an "operator's manual". I'm still amazed at all the shortcuts I've discovered on my Mac from just trial and error, huntin' and peckin'. Functionalities/shortcuts/timesavers that are otherwise undocumented.
It's a pretty silly stance to take, if you ask me. I get the image they're promoting... "Wow, a smartphone that needs no instruction manual!" Well, it really does. So their attempt to appear simplified and elegant creates hordes of end users that don't know how to properly and fully utilize their devices. It's a shame, really.