****for Everyone With Low Volume***

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
I just don't have this issue.. My phone volume is plenty loud.
Maybe it's just because my old phone was extremely loud. All I know is it seems like people are so caught up in the hype of this phone they're afraid to actually make complaints about it. The volume sucks, plain and simple.

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
lol

Your arms are 5 feet long? I call bullshit-my volume was the same as every test phone in the tech department-so yours can't be this loud. I'm not talking about speaker phone, which is just as bad, though.
Over exaggerating, guess its hard to see it over internet rather hear it, no need to get hostile. the call volume for my iPhone is fine. i have no problems hearing people in busy areas.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
um its called over exaggerating, guess its hard to see it over internet rather hear it, no need to get hostile. the call volume is fine. i have no problems hearing people in busy areas.
By you over exaggerating that means your volume is nearly as loud as you claim it is.

Bschucher

Jun 30, 2007
Maybe it's just because my old phone was extremely loud. All I know is it seems like people are so caught up in the hype of this phone they're afraid to actually make complaints about it. The volume sucks, plain and simple.

Wow.. so now someone is telling me that im not hearing what im hearing.. Im sorry you are not happy with the volume of your phone.. At this moment mine is just fine and i have no issues with it. I KNOW low volume as ive had a Sprint PPC6700 in the past.. Im coming from a Blackberry Pearl at this point and i just don't feel its a prob on my phone. As for the speakerphone.. its not great but its not that bad considering.. its usable

DHNF

Jul 1, 2007
USE BLUETOOTH! Headsets work great with this phone.
Whats the best bluetooth to use with it. I bought a blue ant for my cingular 8525 a while ago and absolutely hated it. I couldnt ever hear anyone and no one could ever hear me. I gave up after about 2 days.

As far as the iPhone volume I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. On maximum volume it's hard as crap to hear people talking to you either on speaker or not if you are in a car driving down the road. The speaker phone is REALLY low and the ringer volume is pretty bad too.

This is my 3rd smart phone and probably 8-10th cell phone and the volume is terrible all the way around.

I hope there is a fix for this. Otherwise the phone is incredible.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
During a phone call i used the volume keys to turn up my volume give it a shot, i have not tried to use my bluetooth yet it at the office to excited when i got the phone and left it on the desk. Will try it and post.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
Wow.. so now someone is telling me that im not hearing what im hearing.. Im sorry you are not happy with the volume of your phone.. At this moment mine is just fine and i have no issues with it. I KNOW low volume as ive had a Sprint PPC6700 in the past.. Im coming from a Blackberry Pearl at this point and i just don't feel its a prob on my phone. As for the speakerphone.. its not great but its not that bad considering.. its usable
So let me get this straight. A phone that is suppose to be the most revolutionary and innovative product in years ends up having a speaker phone that is so bad you classify it only as "usable", and you're happy with that? Wow.

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
yes, I think the volume should be louder.
I came from a Sony Ericsson k790a Cyber Shot camera phone and it was louder.
When I use my Sony Ericsson HBH-610a Bluetooth headset, it is loud and clear with the iPhone. I can also control the volume with the headset controls and when I do, you can see the volume icon pop up.
This headset also works well with my PS3, which I rarely use it for.
Also has a pretty nice fit. I used Motorola BT headsets and the quality was very poor compared to my Sony Ericsson BT headsets.
I think the speakerphone is loud enough. But it could be louder.

chris1207

Jul 1, 2007
Atthe risk of stating the obvious, except for those who have low earphone vol, try peeling the plastic film off of the front of the phne, it's covering the speaker

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
The sad thing is there isn't anything that can be done about it. Apple basically pulled a fast one on us.

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I'll gladly start the conspiracy theory that when
pressure came down to increase the battery life,
what actually happened, is they reduced battery
robbing functions, such as volume, the vibration,
and so on... to lengthen the battery life.

No facts to back it up, and no proof either.
Just planting the seed.

I still really like my iPhone.

Don't you wish everyone did?

John

MBHockey

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
The sad thing is there isn't anything that can be done about it. Apple basically pulled a fast one on us.
This would easily be fixed by a firmware upgrade. If you notice, playing songs at max volume through the same speaker that the speakerphone works out of is MUCH louder than the speaker phone -- clearly the hardware is capable of it.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
This would easily be fixed by a firmware upgrade. If you notice, playing songs at max volume through the same speaker that the speakerphone works out of is MUCH louder than the speaker phone -- clearly the hardware is capable of it.
I hope to god they upgrade it then.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Was on phone with att with speaker while on hold. I turned the volume up and the speaker phone was fine. Low setting when I took it out the box and yes it could be a touch louder but I can hear everything fine

mm1250

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
After using my iPhone all day today, went golfing, restruant and friends house, I did a lot of calling. Just coming from another Nextel phone here is the difference.

#1, the ringer volume is not loud enough. It's standard but needs to be MUCH louder.

#2 speaker for phone calls isn't good, I was in the car and put the caller on speaker and Had it on full blast, wasn't very impressed, (my nextel phone was almost twice as loud).

#3 headset volume isn't loud enough also.

Overall, the volumes are avarage but needs to be TWEAKED BIG TIME!