****for Everyone With Low Volume***

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
So, the overwhelming thrust here is, the volume "sucks"?

What are you going to do about it?

Take your iPhone back?
Throw it in the dumpster?
Hit it with a hammer?
Post a few more threads here in this forum?
Start a revolution?

?

Waiting?

John

DHNF

Jul 1, 2007
So, the overwhelming thrust here is, the volume "sucks"?

What are you going to do about it?

Take your iPhone back?
Throw it in the dumpster?
Hit it with a hammer?
Post a few more threads here in this forum?
Start a revolution?

?

Waiting?

John
Read worthless posts like this?

Just because people want something fixed on it doesn't mean they are ready to trash it.

seabreeze

Jul 1, 2007
I thought these forums were here to help people and not just make fun of the ones wanting to holdon to their phones at whatever the cost! My suggestion would be to call Apple and make a complaint about the volume. Also log onto the mac discussion board on the Apple site and log a complaint there. Apple can only fix the problem if they know about it. Also I agree with one of the previous posts that it's not a hardware issue as the volume through the speakers is loud enough when playing music through the speaker. All Apple needs to do is tweak it up through a fix on i-tunes which will automatically download when you go to sync the iPhone. When I first bought my Powerbbok G4, it needed fix's and those happened regularly through Apple software upgrades......... Just lodge a complaint with Apple so that they hear you!

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
remember a while back, a lawsuit was brought against Apple for the volume being TOO loud on the ipod and causing hearing loss?

maybe those of you who are complaining also own an ipod and are victims of hearing loss :mad:

on a more serious note, i would assume Apple made the iPhone fit within certain standards associated with that lawsuit as to avoid another one.

seabreeze

Jul 1, 2007
Yes, except they need to fix the problem and give the consumer the option to turn it up or keep it low. Right now it's too low, and the speaker phone is so low that it's not worth using. I have an LG ENV 9900 and the speaker phone, ringer and talk volumes are all much higher. I don't even have those set all the way up. On the iPhone I have it set at max, and it's still not good enough of a phone of this caliber. I think it lets down the phone big time and Apple should fix the problem asap.....And everyone who has an issue with it should complain by calling Apple, just to make them aware.....

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
My first thought was that the volume was low due previous law suits, but an easy fix would have been a warning message the user had to agree to that warned him of the danger. As for the ones that say there is nothing wrong with the volume, go to a bar and use your headset. There is no excuse for such low volumes, none of my PDA's ever had this issue. I believe its power consuming reason. There will be a fix or hack to address this issue.

PS PDA's are Touch Screen, Smartphones are not.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
well i noticed the speakerphone volume was low too.. no idea on if thats going to be fixed because youtube is loud as ever

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
Hi there, I agree the volume at max is not loud enough, be it
regular, speaker, or headset. At my job I need a phone that
is loud due to back ground noise. When in my vehicle, road
noise also over powers my iPhone.

Thanks,
Capt. Ben "DeadSpider"

ryple333

Jul 2, 2007
i thought my iPhone volume was ok until i just used my verizon LG8600 and it was 10x louder.

This concerns me. I am sure ill get used to it but we shouldnt have to.

I have found that LGs have the BEST speakerphones and great internal volume. I don't think anyone can compare to that. I just didn't find a phone from them that I couldn't live without.

No, I can't hear the phone for crap without the headphones either. I've set all the settings i can find.

Bschucher

Jun 30, 2007
So let me get this straight. A phone that is suppose to be the most revolutionary and innovative product in years ends up having a speaker phone that is so bad you classify it only as "usable", and you're happy with that? Wow.
Im confused as to what you expect from a phone speaker forexternal listening? Mine is fine and i can use it with no problem. My point of usable is that its NOT hifi as i don't expect it to be at all. Its a friggin cell phone external speaker.. WTF

gjklm12

Jul 2, 2007
Maybe it's just because my old phone was extremely loud. All I know is it seems like people are so caught up in the hype of this phone they're afraid to actually make complaints about it. The volume sucks, plain and simple.
I agree with you ..........the volume sucks......but I still love the phone!

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
remember a while back, a lawsuit was brought against Apple for the volume being TOO loud on the ipod and causing hearing loss?
And this is a good thing? Frivilous lawsuits like this make our world more difficult to live in.

And besides, I think I remember seeing somewhere in the settings an option to turn the sound down or something like that. That would (should) certainly be enough to protect Apple from lawsuits. Give the power to the user. 'Course Apple's never been one to give the power to the user. The company was built on closed architecture. And the iPhone is no different. We can't even make our own apps yet.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
The volume is the only major issue I'm concerned about. In my opinion the phone is nearly perfect except for this issue, and for me it's a big one.

seabreeze

Jul 1, 2007
I agree the volume is the only issue I have. Please post on the Apple discussions boards and also post your problem on the feedback section under i-pod as they don't have one for iPhone as yet. I think everyone with volume issues also has to call Apple and lodge a complaint and request a fix.

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
Mines is not that low but in a noisy environment hearing someone is difficult but real loud with ear buds, I am going to go test out the Jawbone and wait for iPhone BT whenever they ship.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
my volume is fine, its actaully a little louder than my razor...

i had to turn the volume up int he middle of a call though, because at first i couldnt really here it....but now its perfectly fine...

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
Turn on the speaker phone, volume all the way up and hold the speaker to your ear, that's how loud the regular call volume (not on speaker phone) should be for a phone of this caliber. My old LG phone was half the cost and the volume was unbelievably louder. Adequate speaker volume is the most important thing on a cell phone, it's the bread and butter of a good phone.

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
all i know is myself and two other friends of mine both noticed the soft speaker volume...needs to be fixed for sure.