For those downloading iOS 6 beta and installing

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Auto-brightness really flakey...
It doesn't work at all for me on my 4S. Also, if I tap the screen when it is dimmed and about to lock iPhone it sets brightness to zero (I "think" that is the scenario that causes it--could be random).

Mike

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
If you get IOS 6 beta can you downgrade to 5.1.1 of you want? If I have a JB for 5.1.1 can I go right to IOS 6 beta or do I have to have a fresh IOS 5.1.1 without JB?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
You should do a full restore to iOS 6 beta. It doesn't matter if you are jailbroken on 5.1.1 or not. And, yes, you can downgrade back to 5.1.1.

Mike

Billybobvi

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
If I sign up to the Development Team I understand that I can beta test iOS 6. By signing up do I really need a Mac if all I want to do is beta test the new iOS? All I have is a PC.

Thanks in advance
Billy

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
If I sign up to the Development Team I understand that I can beta test iOS 6. By signing up do I really need a Mac if all I want to do is beta test the new iOS? All I have is a PC.

Thanks in advance
Billy
You should be OK, as long as you only need to install the betas and nothing else.

There have been times, however, where an iTunes update was needed for some feature in the beta (often with a corresponding iTunes beta). Occasionally the Windows version of it lags behind the mac version.

But that is about it.

Michael

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Ok so do I have to put my phone in dfu mode and then install iOS 6?

You should do a full restore to iOS 6 beta. It doesn't matter if you are jailbroken on 5.1.1 or not. And, yes, you can downgrade back to 5.1.1.

Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Ok so do I have to put my phone in dfu mode and then install iOS 6?
No, definitely not.

You don't just click restore though. You have to option-click (mac) or control-click while clicking on restore in iTunes so you can manually choose the IPSW file.

Michael

badge

Bronze
Feb 23, 2009
Bristol UK
Anyone else having issues with do not disturb got woken up at 3 am by a random caller and phone was on dnd and set to no one and 3 min was off to.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Anyone else having issues with do not disturb got woken up at 3 am by a random caller and phone was on dnd and set to no one and 3 min was off to.
Was it an unknown (as in private) number? I have heard at least one person report a call from an unknown caller got through.

Michaek

Eben

Jun 19, 2012
I need help! i installed ios 6. don't like it. it slowed everything down. please help me. how do i uninstall it and get ios 5.1.1 back
?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
A few others, possibly already mentioned:

Fullscreen in Safari in landscape on iPhone and iPod Touch.

Siri will repeat what was last said--but not act on it which sometimes sounds strange.

Email sigs by account.

Loving the VIP email thing.

Love iCloud Safari tab syncing. Easy to switch to iPad if the iPhone seems too cramped. Can't wait for Mountain Lion to complete the picture.

Michael