For those selling iPhone 4 on eBay.. Question

xxsirvtecxx

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Well I just sold my white 32GB iPhone 4 for $475.00, but I ended up selling it on craigslist, better luck with people to get paid right away and its all cash instead of getting scammed more than likely online....its happened one too many times to me so thats why I use CL. But average costs I'd say is about 350.00 that people are willing to spend on a iPhone 4 16GB. In the mean time my brother has another iPhone 4 that he had that he hasn't sold yet since he switched from AT&T to Sprints iPhone, so I got lucky i guess lol, using this until my iPhone 5 comes in on Friday

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
my UPS reads departure Hong Kong at 9.34pm
looking at flight to PANC (Anchorage)
one left at 9.44 and is arriving now
It's a UPS flight
I'm assuming this was meant for the shipping/tracking thread. But anyways, that's awesome! I don't have tracking yet.

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Have my 4s on ebay now for 475.00 ya think im asking too much? its perfect, 64 gig.
If i don't sell, then ill wait till iPhone 6, im in no rush for the new phone, it looks amazing and all, but i was really hoping for alittle width...still a stunner though.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
imutter I hope no one uses that thing. I can't see it being legit. WOW!
Sharunda son and started it and it asks for your DL to be scanned
I was like no dang machine is scanning my DL
You have to be 18years old
Then we started talking about that thing and came to conclusion
You go pick a pocket a phone and wallet
Turn it in the machine get cash and no one can prosecute you without evidence

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
When you sell a phone on eBay after wiping it clean do you remove the sim card and sell it that way... No idea?

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Do you have to mention in the ad that the sim card will not be included?

Is it a big deal to get another sim card? Never have had to do that so don't know. :confused:

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
You can if you'd like, but it should be common sense with people looking at it. Just make sure you put it's used. I have never mentioned that the SIM card will not be included. They would have to go to their carrier on their line no matter what to get it activated.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey

Is it a big deal to get another sim card? Never have had to do that so don't know. :confused:
You can put in the ad that the purchaser can put their own sim card in the iPhone if they have one or go to their carrier and purchase a new one. It's not a big deal. Definitely not a deal breaker.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Thanks folks. I think I am going to try and sell my iPhone 4 on eBay!

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
Thanks folks. I think I am going to try and sell my iPhone 4 on eBay!
Good luck. Just out of curiosity, will it be auction style? If I were you, you should do what I was thinking about doing. Auction style, and in that you can also set a buy it now price.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Good luck. Just out of curiosity, will it be auction style? If I were you, you should do what I was thinking about doing. Auction style, and in that you can also set a buy it now price.
Oh yes...auction but probably will have a reserve. Not going to take less than I can get from the Apple Recycle program ($140).

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
Oh yes...auction but probably will have a reserve. Not going to take less than I can get from the Apple Recycle program ($140).
Depending on the condition, you may be able to ask more than that. I already have a potential buyer away from eBay, for $250-300. However, eBay is the best way to go in my opinion, and it's safer.