Forum slower?

hinky

Bronze
Jul 10, 2009
Is it me or are the forums not as fast as they used to be? I do realize there is new software here, I think...

hinky

Bronze
Jul 10, 2009
Definitely not here. It's much more "jerky" and even right now I've got some real lag in loading. It says cdn.com and I also think facebook. Site becomes much slower.

hinky

Bronze
Jul 10, 2009
Not at 10MPS. ;)

When I place my cursor in the reply box I'm also seeing occasional delays. Not sure.

shupik69

Silver
May 11, 2010
louisiana/Africa
Now and again when i press "go to last post" in a thread...it sends me to the first! Very irritating! But...one extra click ...and I'm where i want to be! Still love this place regardless!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Definitely not here. It's much more "jerky" and even right now I've got some real lag in loading. It says cdn.com and I also think facebook. Site becomes much slower.
Could be some ads affecting speeds and some of the Facebook integration stuff. Overall, the update should have made things faster. I have a few tweaks that I'll reapply this week.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Now and again when i press "go to last post" in a thread...it sends me to the first! Very irritating! But...one extra click ...and I'm where i want to be! Still love this place regardless!
Provide me an example of a thread where that's happening.

shupik69

Silver
May 11, 2010
louisiana/Africa
There was a couple last night...but don't listen to me...I could have just hit the wrong area! It hasn't happened tonight, so I just did something wrong im sure...didn't mean to worry you!

I am on my Pc at work...

Just happened actually...when i go to subscribed threads and press the last post it sends me to the first page in the thread not the last post.

hinky

Bronze
Jul 10, 2009
Clicking and going to the wrong post is a feature of vBulletin 4. This also happens on their own site too and it is irritating.

Otherwise, I have to say you did a very fine job of migrating the former forum here. I haven't used many vB 4 boards and am guessing that this is what some mean by lag. Figured I'd let you know of some of the anomalies.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Clicking and going to the wrong post is a feature of vBulletin 4. This also happens on their own site too and it is irritating.

Otherwise, I have to say you did a very fine job of migrating the former forum here. I haven't used many vB 4 boards and am guessing that this is what some mean by lag. Figured I'd let you know of some of the anomalies.
Interesting. I've never experienced that one. It does slow down at times and occasionally even become completely unresponsive, but I just check back in about 15 minutes and it's usually fine.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
I had to switch my version to the iCafe (quick style chooser) for it to go to the last post when clicking on the arrow next to the name. vB4 default just took me to the first page when clicking on the latest post shortcut. I am not experiencing slower speeds though. Actually seems much faster.

In subscriptions, if I click on the latest post button, it takes me to the first page.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Some of the speed issues should be addressed. Still some tweaks that I need to reapply. Hope to get those done tomorrow or Wednesday.

Turning off Facebook stuff until I can get a handle on speed issues.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just did a number of tweaks. On a whole, the site should be significantly faster. There are factors that still can contribute to slow downs, such as unruly ads, ad networks. Luckily for those of you on the member's side, we don't run that many ads within the forums.

Still have work to do on a few things, but this should address any speed issues you were having. You should notice replies are lightning fast.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For those experiencing the "last post" issue, I might have corrected this with a fix I just applied. Either way, please let me know.

Also confirmed an issue with videos no playing on the iPad. Working on that tomorrow.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
My subscriptions page still brings me to the first post when clicking on latest. If I am clicking latest post anywhere else, it takes me to the latest post. For some reason subscriptions does not.