Good Battery ONLY if you never use iPod

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
no way i ran a test the other night and didn't even get to finish because the battery lasted so long
usage 10 hours
standby ten hours and 2 mins.
a little under 50% battery life left
ive been playing the ipod non stop all day just to see how long it will last
i made a couple short phone calls
wi fi has been ON the whole 10 hours
100% backlight brightness
i went on safari for at least 10 mins
i watched about 20 mins of a movie
so far the batterys been holding up extremely well and above my expectations.
all ive been doin is putting it in standby (while playing music) and only stopped the music for the part of the movie i watched and the couple phone calls.

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
I work 12 hour days and I listen to music all day and make calls and I aways come home with battery life left. Watching videos and going on the internet is what kills your battery.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
For the last 2 days, I've been modding my iPhone... so it's basically been at 100% charge for 2 days straight. ;]

hahaha, plus my OCD gets me.

Other than that, my battery life is pretty damn good! :cool:

hexonxonx

Silver
I usually listen to music a few hours a night and make some calls in the day. Last night, I did allot of web surfing and reading all kinds of emails. I have about 3/4 of my battery left and it's been 12 hours since I charged the phone.
I always leave my WiFi on and the email checks every 15 minutes and my bluetooth is always on for my GPS in my car. When I use the Ipod, I find what I want to listen to, then hit the sleep button and put it in my pocket and continue working. If I used Safari or email while I was using the iPod then my battery would drain. Just gotta be smart on how to do things.

I always get about a day and a half to two days of use out of a fully charged battery.

I absolutely love this phone!

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I have 7 hours usage and 1 day 13hrs of standby and just hit 15%. I've been on safari with EDGE and WiFi most of the time. About an hour of calls, and a few hours of ipod. I also took a good amount of pictures and played around with the phones features. I am very pleased with the battery life I am getting. I can go two full days without a charge.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I use my ipod for about 3 hrs a day, speak on it for about an hour, surf the web for about an hour, view calendars and send text messages during the day. Besides the first two days when I was doing a demo for everyone I have had any battery warning. I would say I end the day at about midnight with 40-50% after being off the charger for 16 hours and having about 6 hours of usage. I don't think that's too bad at all.

By the way, it has NEVER died on me.

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
As a movie player, iPhone, ipod and internet all in one, it's almost completely useless. You'd be lucky to have a 3 hour battery life doing all of those things. I have a 400 dollar offer on mine I'm seriously considering at this point.
WEll I think you should sell it then we wont hear your gripes anymore....

three_green

Jul 13, 2007
Roll Tide!
Great battery life you say?

See attached picture. If you EVER use your ipod, plan on cutting the "8 hour battery life" in half. I'm at 15% battery life with 5 hours of usage. Get real.
Your getting negative replies here because you immediately bash the iPhone and insinuate that all iPhones have poor battery life. You should have simply asked if this was normal. If your battery life is as poor as you say, you should be returning the iPhone or filing a warranty claim with Apple, because what you describe is definitely NOT normal. I was on a trip the other day and watched the whole movie The Matrix, made and received about 2 hours worth of calls, surfed the internet extensively, listened to lots of music, and when I got home late that afternoon my battery icon turned red and said I was at 20%. I thought that was pretty good. :cool:

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I used to get pretty crappy battery life until I did the following:

1) Run the battery all the way down until the phone says it needs to be plugged in
2) Charge the battery.

I also did a restore before this—not sure if that helped at all but I've gotten significantly battery life the more I use it. You shouldn't run the battery all the down in daily use though.... Lithium-ion batteries generally like to frequently charged.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I somewhat agree with this. I unplugged the phone yesterday morning and maybe listened to a couple songs and maybe had a call or two that was it. I was at full charge even this morning. But then today I listened to about 3 total hours of music and a couple voicemails and a random weather and stocks check and i'm at like 1/3 battery.

I'm a little mixed on the battery life. If you use it for just calls and the rest of the time you just leave it on standby, you can probably go about 3 days without charging. As soon as you start using the ipod or safari, you're probably going to have to charge every night depending on how much usage.

Tank863

Jul 19, 2007
Philadelphia
You are showing the setting for usage time only!
How long has the phone been on standby?

Right now, my iPhone says Time since last full charge:
Usage: 3 Hours, 13 Minutes
Standby 15 Hours, 40 Minutes

I still have over 60% left.

I work an 11 hour day, everyday.
I listen to my ipod to-from the parking garage, which equals 40 minutes.
I make phone calls, have wi-fi on and bluetooth
I do a lot with it.

Take a picture of the standby time for me and show me really how long your fully charged battery has been in use.

ProductProFresno

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
I usually listen to music a few hours a night and make some calls in the day. Last night, I did allot of web surfing and reading all kinds of emails. I have about 3/4 of my battery left and it's been 12 hours since I charged the phone.
I always leave my WiFi on and the email checks every 15 minutes and my bluetooth is always on for my GPS in my car. When I use the Ipod, I find what I want to listen to, then hit the sleep button and put it in my pocket and continue working. If I used Safari or email while I was using the iPod then my battery would drain. Just gotta be smart on how to do things.

I always get about a day and a half to two days of use out of a fully charged battery.

I absolutely love this phone!
wait, you do you actually get it to pair with GPS? what device?

RomeoSto

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Chicago IL
You must have forgotten it is a phone! My treo last the same duration my iPhone does and it has a bigger battery. The more things you do with any the device the more energy it will consume. I think comparing an iPhone with way more features to an iPod is a bad experiment but, hey do what you want I'm happy with mines.

eric1952

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
great battery lief you say.

Great battery life you say?

See attached picture. If you EVER use your ipod, plan on cutting the "8 hour battery life" in half. I'm at 15% battery life with 5 hours of usage. Get real.
i agree when using your ipod to play movies and videos does drain it pretty fast,i listen to a lot of music and podcast and i find the battery life excellent.Most of my movie watching is at work so i use my adptor.

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
lol, obviously crane has been flamed so hard he cant stand to defend himself anymore.

today i did about 4 hours browsing while listening to ipod, then ipod alone with screen off for about 7 hours then i was on the fone for 30 mins and i still have about 30% left.. i see no problem with the battery life..