Good News: Downgrade to 1.0.2

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
You will need to jailbreak your phone. Read the instructions and where it says to install apptapp to jailbreak you can probably use ibrikr although I haven't tested.
yeah that's what I'm asking. It sounded like you jailbreaked first then running right you ran appinstaller or ibrickr. It sounds like you just consolidated the steps. I just want to make sure I have this right before I make an attempt at it is all. There being quite a few posts about method in this that is.
also I know some people are reporting the phone not working but it appears this only is the unlocked phones, mine is a locked AT&T iPhone so I shouldn't have any problems with this right?

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
I wasn't able to use iBrickr instead of AppTapp. However once AppTapp does it's thing iBrickr works as usual.
so I need to download apptapp on to my computer first to make this work? Then run ibrckr after everything is fully functional? Also using apptap and ibrckr won't interfere with each other when both are installed at once?

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
so I need to download apptapp on to my computer first to make this work? Then run ibrckr after everything is fully functional? Also using apptap and ibrckr won't interfere with each other when both are installed at once?
You can run both with no issues.

In this downgrade method apptapp doesn't get installed when you initially jailbreak so if you wish to use it you must install again, otherwise just use it to jailbreak and then run ibrikr.

clavat

Jul 27, 2007
when downgrading and restoring to 1.0.2, do you lose all your data on the phone and restore it to "out of the box" state? (i.e. will i lose my phone numbers, music, photos, etc?)

main reason i want to do this is to get back custom ringtones i had with 1.0.2. This still works right?

shawnhimself

Jul 16, 2007
iLife
Yeah just use AppTapp to jailbreak the phone, then you can get rid of it and use iBrickr if you like.

This process is just like a regular restore, so whatever you have synched with iTunes will be there when you restore.

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
I wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted information on this thread. I've been reading nonstop deciding whether or not to try, and I built the courage did it, and BOOM first try it worked no problem. Installer is working just fine. THanks!

dasdaplaya2k1

Oct 1, 2007
I wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted information on this thread. I've been reading nonstop deciding whether or not to try, and I built the courage did it, and BOOM first try it worked no problem. Installer is working just fine. THanks!
OK IVE READ ALL POST IN TRYING TO DOWNGRADE MY FIRM.
I KEEP ON GETTING ERROR MESSAGE FROM iTunes SAYING iPhone COULD NOT BE RESTORED. AN UNKNOWN ERROR CODE (1). PLEASE HELP I'VE FOLLOWED EACH STEP AND IM ALWAYS GETTING BLOCKED BY THIS.

IM USEING iTunes. 7.4.2. ON MAC BOOK WITH A 8GB iPhone....

NOT A TEC DUMMY HERE ALL HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited by a moderator:

jdelco

Sep 28, 2007
Heeeelp!

guys im dying here I don't know what Im doing wrong here

heres my situation:

bought a brandnew iPhone, pulled outta the box and upgraded to 1.1.1 by accident right away before i did anything.

now I cant downgrade !

I keep gettin back to the yellow triangle saying it needs to restore?

I seriously need help!

If i successfuly downgrade will i be able to jailbreak my phone (still don't even know how to do that yet either) can i unlock and use anysim?

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
guys im dying here I don't know what Im doing wrong here

heres my situation:

bought a brandnew iPhone, pulled outta the box and upgraded to 1.1.1 by accident right away before i did anything.

now I cant downgrade !

I keep gettin back to the yellow triangle saying it needs to restore?

I seriously need help!

If i successfuly downgrade will i be able to jailbreak my phone (still don't even know how to do that yet either) can i unlock and use anysim?
So the yellow triangle indicates you've made progress! This is a 1.0.2 symbol. Go here:
http://iPhone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/Downgrade_from_1.1.1_to_1.0.2

And check out the Unlocking forum @ hackint0sh. It will help you!