Happily Returning iPhone & Getting Blackberry Back...

AppleLA

Jun 27, 2007
My question is, if you're unhappy with it, dislike it, and are gonna return it, then WTF are you still doing here, wasting our time?
Ever hear of free speech a$$hole? And besides, you are the moron reading through the thread, wasting your own time.

AppleLA

Jun 27, 2007
So part of the reason your returning it is because you can't "mass delete" e-mail? That is something Apple can fix, and probably will, easily.

I don't disagree. I think most of the problems I have and many others have can be fixed with updates, but its a matter of when they release it and also, what they choose to fix/update. Apple may like the mail program as is and not do anything to change it.

Tomas

Jun 18, 2007
I always said that iPhone is full of small "bugs" - and now it's here confirmed by some of the iPhone users.

Why all you here think, that Apple will solve these sw problems? I think Apple will behave the same as nokia or sony ericson - they also do not want to fix the problems of their phones - they do not have any reason why to do it. I think only some of them will be fixed, most of them will be fixed in iPhone 2.

I agree with the one that wrote this thread. Better to wait for iPhone 2 or at least for fixes (if there will be any) and lower price for unfinished phone.

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
Who stays connected to their email continuously during the day anyhow. I don't have mine yet but is it set to check email every 15 minutes or does it take 15 minutes for it to check email. Remember, it is a portable device. I know, some people are so attached that they never turn phones off and always want to check mail. Gee, there is a life out there. Unless you are one who is constantly logged on to phone, putter, whatever - the 15 minutes is no problem. Are we so afraid we are going to miss something these days. My current (nextel-notel) phone is used only when I am on trips, at night for calling family out of town, and when a number is long distance. Yes, will be nice to have a phone with the ipod attached, and the use to web if needed. I know there are those who cant live without, and I understand, but if that is the reason for returning, go ahead. If you lived close I would take yours. I orderd mine over the Apple site , still waiting but okay with that. I get to hear what you are all saying and will know when mine is here what to do and not to do.

prolix21

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
i think all the reviews and pretty much all the literature, was pretty clear that this was not a blackberry replacement or even a PDA phone.

i've had a treo and moto Q and yeah, the iPhone doesn't do some or even a lot of what those devices do, however for what it does do, it does it extremely well. more than i can say about any smartphone i've had (palm or windows based). they do a lot of stuff, and do it all really badly.

i'm glad to be out of those nightmares, and i figure with time some sort of enterprise mail solution will come along. until then i'm not really concerned and have other ways around it.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
I always said that iPhone is full of small "bugs" - and now it's here confirmed by some of the iPhone users.

Why all you here think, that Apple will solve these sw problems? I think Apple will behave the same as nokia or sony ericson - they also do not want to fix the problems of their phones - they do not have any reason why to do it. I think only some of them will be fixed, most of them will be fixed in iPhone 2.

I agree with the one that wrote this thread. Better to wait for iPhone 2 or at least for fixes (if there will be any) and lower price for unfinished phone.
Just like how they have no reason to update ipod software, yet they do constantly? Its one of the main reasons Apple has such a loyal fan base.

Tomas

Jun 18, 2007
Who stays connected to their email continuously during the day anyhow. I don't have mine yet but is it set to check email every 15 minutes or does it take 15 minutes for it to check email. Remember, it is a portable device. I know, some people are so attached that they never turn phones off and always want to check mail. Gee, there is a life out there. Unless you are one who is constantly logged on to phone, putter, whatever - the 15 minutes is no problem. Are we so afraid we are going to miss something these days. My current (nextel-notel) phone is used only when I am on trips, at night for calling family out of town, and when a number is long distance. Yes, will be nice to have a phone with the ipod attached, and the use to web if needed. I know there are those who cant live without, and I understand, but if that is the reason for returning, go ahead. If you lived close I would take yours. I orderd mine over the Apple site , still waiting but okay with that. I get to hear what you are all saying and will know when mine is here what to do and not to do.
And what about when I want to check to box after once o 90 minutes or after 3 hours? What can I do? Apple restricts iPhone users with this settings! Why we cannot say the num of minutes after we want to automatically check to mailbox? This is huge bug :(

mactigger

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
The keyboard...not even going to get into it. If you have an iPhone, you know my frustrations. In todays world, we email and text in cyber-slang. Almost every email i have written, it has changed the word i meant for it to be, to something completely different.
With all due respect Apple may actually be helping our future generation by not including words in their dictionary such as fo shizzle, or dat instead of that. The list goes on and on. I guess I am one of the very few who speak and type normal proper words, so the keyboard is welcome to me. :)

AppleLA

Jun 27, 2007
With all due respect Apple may actually be helping our future generation by not including words in their dictionary such as fo shizzle, or dat instead of that. The list goes on and on. I guess I am one of the very few who speak and type normal proper words, so the keyboard is welcome to me. :)
I hope you are kidding. Firstly, I am not using fo shizzle or anything close to that when typing. If I chose to put a "u" instead of "you" or abbreviate my words cause I am on the go and want to respond quickly, I believe I have the right to do so. Especially after paying $600+.

AppleLA

Jun 27, 2007
And to make things even better, about 1/4 of my calls don't even ring through to me. On the caller side it rings, but not on mine. I keep getting voicemail notifications and no missed calls.

I live in Los Angeles by the way. Hollywood to be exact, so its definitely not a service issue as I get a full signal.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
They may be a few flaws that you don't like, but is no reason to return the Phone. Most complaints are software related can and will be fixed. One thing people need to remember is that Apple rushed it. Watch he Keynotes and you noticed the iPhone wasn't ready then (they also showed ringtones in iTunes).
To be somewhat fair to AppleLA, he only has 14 days to return it. If he knew that Apple was going to release (in a reasonable time) the fixes he wants, he'd probably decide to keep it.

AppleLA

Jun 27, 2007
I get the feeling that Apple moved up the release date on the iPhone before it was really ready for public consumption.

I think you absolutely, 100% spot on!

They were eager to release it and though people are loving it, I believe those users are easy to please. Simple, everyday functions that could have EASILY been adopted early on, were left out and I can guarantee you that there are some very frustrated Apple employees that fought for these things and lost out.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I think you absolutely, 100% spot on!

They were eager to release it and though people are loving it, I believe those users are easy to please. Simple, everyday functions that could have EASILY been adopted early on, were left out and I can guarantee you that there are some very frustrated Apple employees that fought for these things and lost out.
I still think that Apple will release either a flood of updates or one big update that will fix most of the known "bugs" and add the features most of us want.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
I am so disappointed with the iPhone. How Apple managed to take such a pretty looking device and screw it up so bad is just awful.

The email program is absolutely awful. Checking only 15mins...not being able to select multiple emails for delete...on top of that, having to then go into the Trash folder and AGAIN, delete one by one...no copy and paste...etc.

I don't think i am being picky. These are functions that PDA's have had for YEARS! Its like Apple decided to take a step backwards with the email program.

Additionally, the battery life sucks. Why its not removable is just stupid. Another way for Apple to make more money off us. $80 for a replacement once a year. F*ck that!

The keyboard...not even going to get into it. If you have an iPhone, you know my frustrations. In todays world, we email and text in cyber-slang. Almost every email i have written, it has changed the word i meant for it to be, to something completely different.

I haven't been waiting 5 months for this device...i have been waiting over 5 years, since the Newton, for Apple to come back out with a handheld.

Wasted time.
Its called Ease of use and patients while waiting for a few updates. Most of what you describe (like the keyboard) is user error and not getting to know it. The keyboard learns from what you type and you don't have to pick the words it says, hence the X.

AppleLA

Jun 27, 2007
Of which country are you President of? Who's emailing you that it can't wait 14 mins? I'm seriously interested...
You are missing the point. Its not that I cant wait 15 mins for my email, its that Apple decided to put a limit on it and not give their users the option.

Whether I need my email checked every minute or every hour, is irrelevant. You have to take into account what your competitors are doing and when most other phones give their users the freedom to either set a check time or are automatically checking every 5 mins, it makes Apple look archaic.