Has anyone got the $200 credit from Amex yet?

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
My claim was paid today!
Exactly 2 weeks after I filed the claim with them.
Two iPhones purchased at separate times, but before the cut off date.

Proud to be an AMEX cardholder!

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I filed on the 6th (15 days ago) for two iPhones and haven't heard anything yet :( However, they didn't ask me for an email address when I filed; just a phone number. Are you guys seeing the credit online? What's the status of your claim online?

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I filed on the 6th (15 days ago) for two iPhones and haven't heard anything yet :( However, they didn't ask me for an email address when I filed; just a phone number. Are you guys seeing the credit online? What's the status of your claim online?
Check here:
https://www.onlineclaim.americanexpress.com/

Also, they asked me for my email address, by I never got an email saying that this was taken care. I just happened to check the claim status today and saw that it said "paid." Nothing has shown up on my electronic account, but I will wait 24 hours before I call to check on that.

Wiggo

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Memphis
Filed on 9/8, just got two emails notifying me of a $100 credit on my Gold card (since 1977).

Coincidentally, my $100 worth of iTunes gift cards I bought with my Apple credit also arrived in the mail today.

So I am very happy with both Amex and Apple, and plan to always use my Amex card at the Apple store in future.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Filed on 9/8, just got two emails notifying me of a $100 credit on my Gold card (since 1977).

Coincidentally, my $100 worth of iTunes gift cards I bought with my Apple credit also arrived in the mail today.

So I am very happy with both Amex and Apple, and plan to always use my Amex card at the Apple store in future.
Did the credit show up online in your account records?

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I received $210 for two iPhones (plus tax) in my online statement. It is labeled as "A GOODWILL CREDIT: PURCHASE PROTECTION".

This is as I expected and posted above, and I am quite happy with AmEx, who were under no obligation to do anything.

raoser

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
My claim was submitted 9/05 and I received a $100 credit as of 9/21. This is way more than I ever expected Amex to do for its customers.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
Got an AMEX credit

I got a credit for $108.25. This plus the $100 credit from Mr. Jobs puts my iPhone purchased on 6/29 at $399. :laugh2:

Here's what the email said:

?"Thank you for choosing American Express Card for your purchases. Your recent claim with American Express does not fall within the normal terms and provisions of the Purchase Protection Plan. However, as we very much value and appreciate your card membership with American Express, we have approved your claim as an exception to the program guidelines. Your payment of $108.25 has been processed as a credit to your American Expression account."

Waveguy

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
My claim status changed to "paid" on Monday but the $100 + tax credit wasn't posted to my Amex account until late the following day. I never received an email notification.

I agree with those who've said that this is above and beyond the call for Amex. I'll probably use my card even more often than I have been (unless they raise the annual fee by $100 :laugh2:).

rasputinj

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
My claim shows accepted and a $214 credit is coming my way, $100 for each phone + $100 Apple credit. Thanks Amex and Apple.