Haters...:(

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
A lot of them are really hating because they are locked into a competitive contract of they can't get At&t service where they need it. T-Mobile and Verizon users are really POed because they feel like they didn't get asked to the prom.:laugh2:
My wife and I both switched right after Jobs announced the iPhone. I downloaded the keynote as soon as it was available, went home and watched it. My wife was even in awe as Jobs demonstrated it.

We had Verizon and luckily we both got out of our NEW 2 year contracts with the text message increase they had. I've never felt luckier. We had Verizon for just a few months and switched because the network was supposedly so much better... which I didn't find to be true anyway.

It all worked out though, because we switched to Cingular and I WILL BE getting an iPhone on launch day if I have to camp out that entire WEEK!

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I hope people won't be camping out all week for this thing, even if it is the iPhone. The most extreme I'm willing to go is to go at 3 or 4am on 6/29 and start waiting in line.

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I hope people won't be camping out all week for this thing, even if it is the iPhone. The most extreme I'm willing to go is to go at 3 or 4am on 6/29 and start waiting in line.
3 or 4 AM? That's my schedule for getting concert tickets... not the iPhone!

I'll be there the DAY before with my MacBook Pro, 2 batteries, Treo 680 (with DUN) and a lawn chair. I'll sit in my car until other people arrive, at which point I'll break out the lawn chair and get the #1 place in line.

I even thought about bribing an employee the day before, right before close (you never know!) ;)

I plan on having an iPhone on the 29th, come hell or high water.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Well because some, or even most, Apple stores are located within malls, there might be mall policies against camping out 24/7 days and nights in advance.

I'm thinking now that I might be better off to just order it online from Apple.com.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well because some, or even most, Apple stores are located within malls, there might be mall policies against camping out 24/7 days and nights in advance.

I'm thinking now that I might be better off to just order it online from Apple.com.
but that isn't the case with most At&t stores that are usually free standing in my area. I'll check in on the 28th about 6:30PM (they close at 7:00) and I'll see if people are lining up. If they're not, then I'll probably come back around midnight to double check. If no one is lining up at midnight, then I'll probably just come back early in the morning around 7AM because they won't open until 9.

I'll be loaded with a laptop if I can pick up the wifi from the Jumpin' Java across the street, or my iPod and my son's PSP just to pass the time.

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007

If they kick me out of the Lenox mall parking lot, I'll go to a Cingular/ATT store.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
but that isn't the case with most At&t stores that are usually free standing in my area. I'll check in on the 28th about 6:30PM (they close at 7:00) and I'll see if people are lining up. If they're not, then I'll probably come back around midnight to double check. If no one is lining up at midnight, then I'll probably just come back early in the morning around 7AM because they won't open until 9.

I'll be loaded with a laptop if I can pick up the wifi from the Jumpin' Java across the street, or my iPod and my son's PSP just to pass the time.
This is a great game plan and I am probably going to do the same thing myself. I have an indash DVD player in my car so it'll be nice to sit in some AC until some other iPhone addicts arrive. It will definitely be fun talking to them in anticipation.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This is a great game plan and I am probably going to do the same thing myself. I have an indash DVD player in my car so it'll be nice to sit in some AC until some other iPhone addicts arrive. It will definitely be fun talking to them in anticipation.
It'll be interesting to see how many people are real zea lots over this phone. I'll have my stuff ready for each visit just in case the line has started to form.

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
It'll be interesting to see how many people are real zea lots over this phone. I'll have my stuff ready for each visit just in case the line has started to form.
I live too far away to come and go but I might camp out at a coffee shop with Wifi and check periodically.

I also thought about live-blogging the whole shebang... that could be pretty cool.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
:) My sister works at a mall where there is a Apple store. Maybe I can make her open the doors for me an hour before the mall opens.