Have questions about iPhone? Apple tech here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattman

Mar 22, 2008
AppleJon - My New Best Friend

Thanks for the offer...so here are a couple of questions.

My iPhone email stopped working. Something like "can't find server" and "stmp.aol.com"...etc. Did work and then stopped...

1. Is this an iPhone or AOL problem?
2. Would a "restore" help?

3. Why won't restore "remember" my Favorites

I use TMoble rather than AT&T...I understand that Apple does not like it but it is not illegal.

4. I read where 40% of iPhones sold are not registered to AT&T. Even if that number is inflated, Apple has to be aware of this issue. I also read that Apple get $20 a month from monthly fees...another $500 over 2 years....Are you aware of a "contractual/liscensing" issue that Apple requires me to use AT&t?

5. I went to see a Genius and he treated me like I was a criminal....is Apple obligated to service me for at least some time post-purchase?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Thanks for the offer...so here are a couple of questions.

My iPhone email stopped working. Something like "can't find server" and "stmp.aol.com"...etc. Did work and then stopped...

1. Is this an iPhone or AOL problem?
2. Would a "restore" help?

3. Why won't restore "remember" my Favorites

I use TMoble rather than AT&T...I understand that Apple does not like it but it is not illegal.

4. I read where 40% of iPhones sold are not registered to AT&T. Even if that number is inflated, Apple has to be aware of this issue. I also read that Apple get $20 a month from monthly fees...another $500 over 2 years....Are you aware of a "contractual/liscensing" issue that Apple requires me to use AT&t?

5. I went to see a Genius and he treated me like I was a criminal....is Apple obligated to service me for at least some time post-purchase?
Please read some of the posts in this thread. John was never proven to be an Apple tech like he posted on this forum almost a year ago. Many of his iPhone "predictions" never happened. He hasn't posted since before the iPhone was released LAST June. So asking him questions about Apple and AT&T's contractual agreement is a waste of your time.

Mattman

Mar 22, 2008
Thanks Again

Please read some of the posts in this thread. John was never proven to be an Apple tech like he posted on this forum almost a year ago. Many of his iPhone "predictions" never happened. He hasn't posted since before the iPhone was released LAST June. So asking him questions about Apple and AT&T's contractual agreement is a waste of your time.
Do you have any insight into these areas? I would appreciate your input.

Matt
Cincinnati, Ohio

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
wow. Um no Apple does not have to service your phone if you have unlocked and jailbroke it you have voided the warranty.
Do a serch in the forum for email problems there are tones of threads on this subject.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Do you have any insight into these areas? I would appreciate your input.

Matt
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well POP3 email doesn't work away from your internet connection. You can probably receive email, but not send it. Right? If this is the case, then you need to set up a Gmail account and have your AOL mail forwarded to it. YOu can send gmail when you're away from your home internet connection.

YOu might also want to post your questions in the iPHone Modifications forum. That's where you would find some other guys or gals that have unlocked iPhones using T-Mo. Once you catch one of them, then you can narrow down your email options.

Good luck!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
john got owned
i don't feel like i'm getting any better information talking to an Apple employee than anyone else in this forum because they can't release info

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
john got owned
i don't feel like i'm getting any better information talking to an Apple employee than anyone else in this forum because they can't release info
Well he never gave any information that wasn't already released from Apple, and he promised many features that never materialized when the iPhone came put.

askewed

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
NJ
Okay,thanks. Do you know why? The art was there prior to the restore. To be clear I'll have to re-add my network and email info and such after, yes?

GTX3

May 17, 2008
I'm having a problem with my iPhone, hardware one i think....

When receiving or making a call, i can't get no sound on the phone. I only can listen to the other person using bluetooth headset, speakerphone or headset.

I've tried many things, like cleaning the headset jack, cleaning everything on the phone, virginize the phone, upgrade, downgrade, putting the headset in and out couple of times and nothing....

Is there anything i can do about this? I have no Apple store here, iPhone is not yet being selled in my country....

thank you

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm having a problem with my iPhone, hardware one i think....

When receiving or making a call, i can't get no sound on the phone. I only can listen to the other person using bluetooth headset, speakerphone or headset.

I've tried many things, like cleaning the headset jack, cleaning everything on the phone, virginize the phone, upgrade, downgrade, putting the headset in and out couple of times and nothing....

Is there anything i can do about this? I have no Apple store here, iPhone is not yet being selled in my country....

thank you
Did you try plugging and unplugging the earphones a few times? Usually this will bring back the sounds.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Try going into Settings > General > Reset > and Reset All Settings. This almost always fixes audio issues.

- John

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
then its time for warranty work. If you can't take it in then arrange for Apple to send you a loaner while they look at yours. Try Apple.com.

ttaylor51461

Oct 5, 2007
Search & cut/copy/paste

Hello,
As an owner of the first iPhone, I still miss the search capability as well as the cut/copy/paste functions of my old palm pilot. Seems odd to search the internet from the iPhone but that you can't search the device itself.

Also, cut/copy/paste, a relative basic functionality. Apple does many things well, surely it can figure this out. Any sense as to when they will or if there are 3rd party options to do the same thing.

thanks,
tt

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
As far as copy & paste goes, check this out. Not the full thing, but it's something. On searching, a contacts search has already been implemented into the beta firmware, so a full-phone search is probably going to come sometime.

- John

ttaylor51461

Oct 5, 2007
search & cut/copy/paste

As far as copy & paste goes, check this out. Not the full thing, but it's something. On searching, a contacts search has already been implemented into the beta firmware, so a full-phone search is probably going to come sometime.

- John
Thanks, John,tt

Status
Not open for further replies.