Have questions about iPhone? Apple tech here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
They should delete this thread because this guy is not coming back. Haha.
It pops up every two or three months. The OP hasn't posted here since the original iDay 6/29/07.

As far as the yahoo push email problem, this is the first I've heard of it. My school district's IT guy is not a fan of the iPhone and is not very helpful when it comes to configuring the MS Exchange feature. They provide BBs for the district staff, so they're not at all concerned with learning another format like the iPhone.

Donna GG

Aug 26, 2008
constantly checks for mail & can't send mail

Hi, AJ ... Thanks for the offer. Have new iPHone ... have the issue of "constantly checking for mail" ... and what may be a Comcast problem, cannot send mail ("Sender's address was invalid.") Despite resyncing, keeps checking for mail -- and despite turning on SSL and adding :465 to outgoing smtp, can't fix this!

Hey guys...i work for Apple and might be able to answer questions, if not I will do my best do find the answers for you...
:laugh2:

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
Applejon,

I have the new 3G phone and an ".me" account. I have set up an appointment on a day in September and I then synk'ed it but the appointment does not appear in my .mac account or on my iPhone. What is happening? I am sure that I am set up right because additions or deletions in my address book sync's.

Thanks for the help........

Donna GG

Aug 26, 2008
Can't send mail

Thought I would share what I found from another source. This worked for me (using comcast):
in settings, select mail, email, contacts. Select "add account." Select "other."

Address = yourmail@comcast.net
Enter yr password

Select the new email account
Under "incoming mail server" you shd have: mail.comcast.net
Under "outgoing mail server" you shd have: smtp.comcast.net
select: smtp.comcast.net
Under "primary server" you shd have: smtp.comcast.net
Select it. On mine I had to set "Usee SSL" to ON. it says the primary server port is :587

Go back one level. Under "SMTP" I had to turn off all the servers listed under "other SMTP servers"

Go back one level: under 'outgoing mail server" select "Advanced"
Under "incoming settings,' turn on "Use SSL' ON

Thanks to VB at the wireless forum from AT&T!

oh ... and the constantly checking for mail problem? Nut behind the wheel: had the "Push" feature on ...

hendrik.5934

Sep 4, 2008
Hi. Just bought new iPhone 3G. I live in Ecuador. I am a PC w/XP user (not MAC).

Would like to know how to interface with my iPhone from my PC (outside of iTunes/AppStrore) so as to install iPhone apps

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
MODS....

Can we PLEASE lock this thread? The original poster hasn't even visited the site in over a year.

hendrik.5934

Sep 4, 2008
Need Install Apps Instructions PC to iPhone3G

Hi. Just bought new iPhone 3G. I live in Ecuador. I am a PC w/XP user (not MAC).

Would like to know how to interface with my iPhone from my PC (outside of iTunes/AppStrore) so as to install iPhone apps

MODS....

Can we PLEASE lock this thread? The original poster hasn't even visited the site in over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.