Have you allotted the whole day for the iPad?

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
I know when I stood in line for my first iPhone and then got my 3Gs, (and my iMac, macbook, and MBP) I took the day off of work - and definitely cleared the weekend. What are your plans? Will you head to Panera or Starbucks to show it off? :eek:k:eek:k

JCat

Mar 29, 2010
NYC, New York
All I can say is - SO glad it's on a Saturday. Staying clear of Starbucks - I'm in Manhattan..... you get stared at enough without needing an ipad. lol

IPhone_Chica

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I would be weary of "showing off" too much. I remember when the 1st gen iPhone was released and people were getting robbed for them. Just be careful it's not that serious.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I will be on vacation so I am scheduled to pick it up at the local Apple Store near where I am staying. I am going to be there @8am, and yes with Starbucks in hand.

awaadster3

Bronze
Mar 26, 2010
Detroit, MI
I wish I could, but I won't be in the country when it launches ... I actually wont be back till the summer :( At least I can get feedback and read the review till then.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I will have Starbucks while waiting in line but I will absolutely not go to show it off at Starbucks or Panera. I'll just go home and get it set up and then prepped for my fantasy baseball draft which I will use my new iPad to manage.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I will have Starbucks while waiting in line but I will absolutely not go to show it off at Starbucks or Panera. I'll just go home and get it set up and then prepped for my fantasy baseball draft which I will use my new iPad to manage.
Talk about bad timing, my draft is on April 3rd. I just realized this past weekend -- pretty bummed about it. That day is going to be a blur.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I'm waiting on the 3G edition but I'm hoping to take the day off depending on which day it gets delivered! Sounds like a 3 day weekend to me.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I have to work Saturday night but I do have an office I can chill in if not busy. Hopefully I won't be busy with transports and I have the time to give it a whirl. The downside is my hospital blocks iTunes store access so I hope I get it early in the day to try out a few apps.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I've got family visiting. I'm sure my nephew will be wanting to spend a lot of time on it. I'm curious to see my Mom's reaction to it. I'll be missing with it on and off all weekend.

mattyi

Bronze
Mar 13, 2010
Canton, MA
I'm personally not buying one yet, at least not until I can get my hands on one.

However, I'm hoping I have the opportunity Saturday morning to go down to the local Mall to watch the people in line rush the store at opening. It's going to be crazy. :)

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
clash of the titans Friday night, then pick up some supply's and straight to waiting in line in front of Apple, this talk of iPad shortages has me paranoid so ill be there pretty early

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
hmm, too bad my UPS delivery probably won't come early. It would be great fun to show up with it while people were still in line. I really don't expect there to be lines like there are for iPhone. Will there be?

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
hmm, too bad my UPS delivery probably won't come early. It would be great fun to show up with it while people were still in line. I really don't expect there to be lines like there are for iPhone. Will there be?
Probably the best place to see lines would be for people with no Apple store within 100 miles to go to Best Buy. I believe they will only have 5 of each model in their stores. So 15 total units could be disappointing for quite a few!

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Talk about bad timing, my draft is on April 3rd. I just realized this past weekend -- pretty bummed about it. That day is going to be a blur.
I know. The cool thing is I'm in an old league where we all get together at the commissioners house so it will be great to have all my spreadsheets and other nerd stuff on there.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I know. The cool thing is I'm in an old league where we all get together at the commissioners house so it will be great to have all my spreadsheets and other nerd stuff on there.
We do the same. I won't have time to load up stuff on the iPad, but I'll definitely bring it to the draft if it arrives in time. Going to film videos when it arrives -- and hope to get stuff live before I head for the draft. I figure I can work in between drafting.

applehappi

Bronze
Mar 30, 2010
NYC
i ordered the 3g model so I will be grabbing a cup of starbucks and go sit and watch people in line and be happy that i can leave at anytime because i ordered mines online, so it will be mailed to the house. if it is a weekday I will be taking the day off. i have to sign for it and i don't want to take a chance on not being able to catch the UPS guy.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Take the day off? Why not take the whole week?

I'm heading to Mexico after I pick up my iPad which is reserved at the Apple Store. Can't wait.