HELP! I'm going to get the phone in an hour and i need this questioned answered

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
I will tell you something that I thought was funny when I went to the AT&T store to look at the bluetooth devises. I asked the AT&T sales staff why they don't have iPhones themselves. He said it is the agreement that AT&T have with Apple, the staff cannot have them. AT&T pays for the staff phones, but the staff can own an iPhone on their own, but not use on the premises. That is a fact. Funny
if i worked for AT&T and some shmuck told me i cant use my cell
i would fart

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
I will tell you something that I thought was funny when I went to the AT&T store to look at the bluetooth devises. I asked the AT&T sales staff why they don't have iPhones themselves. He said it is the agreement that AT&T have with Apple, the staff cannot have them. AT&T pays for the staff phones, but the staff can own an iPhone on their own, but not use on the premises. That is a fact. Funny
Weird. The 3 reps in my AT&T store all had iPhones and were all using them in the store. Saying how much they loved them etc. I think those guys were mistaken.

As for Apple stores being hassle free, I hate Apple stores. I went in to one on Michigan ave for my client, who had a broken iPod. I went to a rep and asked to take a quick look at it. He said no I have to go to the genius bar. I thm went to the genius bar saw the first guy there and said I just have a quick question. He said back I can't talk to you until you sign in with your email address. Argh fine. I put in my address and it tells me I have to wait 4 hours. WHAT? I go back to the guy (who looked as if he was doing nothing) and said please I just have a quick question. He was like sorry you have to wait the 4 hours and come back. And it seems like every time I go to Apple stores its the same thing. Over crowded, people that think they are way more important than they are, and bad attitudes. ( unless of course you want to buy a mac book )then they are more than happy to run your credit card.
Maybe just a few bad experiences, but they left a real bad taste in my mouth.

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Weird. The 3 reps in my AT&T store all had iPhones and were all using them in the store. Saying how much they loved them etc. I think those guys were mistaken.

As for Apple stores being hassle free, I hate Apple stores. I went in to one on Michigan ave for my client, who had a broken iPod. I went to a rep and asked to take a quick look at it. He said no I have to go to the genius bar. I thm went to the genius bar saw the first guy there and said I just have a quick question. He said back I can't talk to you until you sign in with your email address. Argh fine. I put in my address and it tells me I have to wait 4 hours. WHAT? I go back to the guy (who looked as if he was doing nothing) and said please I just have a quick question. He was like sorry you have to wait the 4 hours and come back. And it seems like every time I go to Apple stores its the same thing. Over crowded, people that think they are way more important than they are, and bad attitudes. ( unless of course you want to buy a mac book )then they are more than happy to run your credit card.
Maybe just a few bad experiences, but they left a real bad taste in my mouth.

sucks to hear...it really about who you talk to. The guys at the fifth ave store in nyc are always so quick to help you.

calloused

Sep 13, 2007
Here's the difference,

I first brought my little brother to the At&t store to get an iPhone,
everything was fine until we got to the counter, they ran a credit check and his credit score is low so it did not pass
i explained i knew this already and just want to do it prepaid once i activate it with iTunes
they go on to tell me there is no pre paid plan for the iPhone yada yada yada
obviously they did not know what they were talking about.
Once i realized i was dealing with a bunch of smucks i said okay fine
let me just buy the phone and i will set it up at home
the AT&T rep explained to me that that was not an option
he said i can either put my brothers phone under my name and sign up for a plan (no thank you) or my brother can put down a 300 dollar deposit which he will get back at the end of the year if he pays his bill on time ( no thank you again)
my brother did not even want a calling plan he just preferred the iPhone over the ipod touch because the camera and the speaker
anyway.....
So i told this "rep" to go take a long walk off of a short cliff
and i left.

i drove to the Apple store about 15 minutes away ...
went in walked up to the counter asked for the iPhone, they pulled one out
i swiped my card..bada bing bada boom me n my lil bro went home with an iPhone in 5 minutes

p.s. before i got helped in AT&T store i signed my name in the book and had to wait for a "rep" and it took like 20 minutes
i was in the store a total of 45 minutes

p.p.s. Now you can see why i say Apple store is hassle free
and the AT&T staff are a bunch of swines
You mentioned your brother was asked for a $300 deposit. So, does this mean that if you do not qualify for a $0 security deposit, you "fail" the credit check, and then will be eligible for prepaid service? I called a few months ago and they wanted the same from me, but I did not understand at that time, I had the option of prepaid. I want prepaid, but I'm not sure what qualifies as "failing" the credit check. I don't want to be stuck with an iPhone, then have to pay a security deposit to activate it.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
You mentioned your brother was asked for a $300 deposit. So, does this mean that if you do not qualify for a $0 security deposit, you "fail" the credit check, and then will be eligible for prepaid service? I called a few months ago and they wanted the same from me, but I did not understand at that time, I had the option of prepaid. I want prepaid, but I'm not sure what qualifies as "failing" the credit check. I don't want to be stuck with an iPhone, then have to pay a security deposit to activate it.

No it varies, most are $50 but have heard $100 also, you pay your monthly bill on time for a year and you get the deposit back with interest, so you don't really lose the money, just like putting into a bank.