Here's what I'm seeing I need for 1st round updates

chrisaka

Jul 1, 2007
Thanks for the email brush rightward tip!

JnC, I agree completely. That would be fantastic.

poetic_folly

Jun 8, 2007
Here's just a bit of my list...

Mail

Mail has to be my biggest let-down with the iPhone. I was REALLY looking forward to being able to effectively manage my Mail while on the go, and am disappointed to find I'm not able to. *sigh*, give me a firmware update, Steve.

- No Universal Inbox
I have 11 accounts which I use regularly. Different ones for different sites I own, work, home, etc. Does Apple really think I want to go in and out of 11 different inboxes to view 14 messages? I mean, come on...
- View Unread
In my Mail in OS X, I have a Smart Mailbox set up to view just the unread messages. With the iPhone, I have to scroll through dozens of messages to find the ones with the blue dot by them...
- Initial Sync
When I initially Synced my iPhone with my Mail, it downloaded thousands of my messages. Unfortunately, it did not keep ANY of my Read/Unread status on those. And, since I had no way of mass deleting or mass moving, or marking all as read - I wound up viewing a thousand messages to make them show as Read. Yah, that was good, clean iFun.
- G-Mail
Even though Apple has GMail listed as one of its supported 3rd party mail providers (even going so far as including their graphic when you try and set up a new account in Mail from the iPhone), GMail has issues. Every one of my Sent messages is showing up in my Inbox.
- Junk
Some of my accounts get a lot of Junk mail. The iPhone doesn't let me mark stuff as Junk... lame.
- Mark Read
No contextual menus means the only way to mark these as read is to open every single message I get.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
- Initial Sync
When I initially Synced my iPhone with my Mail, it downloaded thousands of my messages. Unfortunately, it did not keep ANY of my Read/Unread status on those.
I'm not sure how this would have happened. Are those POP3 accounts? I didn't encounter that with my IMAP accounts.