"Heroes" is this show really THAT good?!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Im trying to rent this on netflix and when I add it to my queue it gets added as an HD DVD which I do not have

Can anyone with netflix see if there is a regular DVD version to this I know on some movies they have this down arrow to switch between HD DVD BLU RAY and DVD but Heroes seems to just have HD DVD on mine at least.
Don't rent, buy it! It's not that expensive!

No but really, good luck, i've never dealt with netflix so I cannot help you.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Just finished the last episode tonight!

Everyone ready for season 2 starting tomorrow! Don't forget to set your dvr receivers up!

:laugh2:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
New episode tomorrow!

Can't wait!

Who do you think this "bad guy" is that the little girl keeps dreaming about?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
New episode tomorrow!

Can't wait!

Who do you think this "bad guy" is that the little girl keeps dreaming about?
I'm wondering if the "bad guy" is the same guy that has been killing off the old "Heroes" like Hiro's dad. I definitely can't wait for tonight's episode. This show is just so addictive. Sadly, I used to be this way with LOST too, but that show went FAR FAR downhill.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
That girl and her brother are a weeeird combination. Apparently she is like a virus and he is the only cure, that's why that lady survived. It doesn't seem to me like she could help anyone though? I don't really get how she can be a "Hero" for that matter. This show is so ridiculously good and making you want to watch again next week!

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
That girl and her brother are a weeeird combination. Apparently she is like a virus and he is the only cure, that's why that lady survived. It doesn't seem to me like she could help anyone though? I don't really get how she can be a "Hero" for that matter. This show is so ridiculously good and making you want to watch again next week!
speaking about bad guy.. why that guy name sylar is so powerful and have plenty of ability. argg.. that movies makes me want to watch again :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
I remember seeing this thread a while ago.

So i rented the first dvd in the box set at blockbuster.
After getting done with that first DVD. I went to walmart (2am)
To buy the box set.

I absolutely love it, and i have session 2 set to save on my DVR (HD at that)
So i never miss a show, and i can go back and watch again. But ill still buy the DVD once it comes out.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia

To buy the box set.

So i never miss a show, and i can go back and watch again. But ill still buy the DVD once it comes out.

I'm glad to see we have another Heroes lover on the forums. I tivo every episode so that I can easily go back (before they come out on DVD) and rewatch an episode to see if I missed anything.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

To buy the box set.

Cool! When I find time (between shows) I plan on going back through the box set and watching all the commentary and deleted scenes, should be some good stuff I'd imagine...

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Anyone watching Journeyman or Bionic Woman?

Journeyman seems all right so far. (plus he uses an iPhone (upside down most of the time but hey))

Bionic Woman seems sorta cheesy to me right now, but heroes had the same effect on me the first two or three episodes in, so, may be promising.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
So, thought of making a poll about this but I'll just stick it in here, this thread seems to be sticking around....

So far in Heroes, which super power would you like to have if you could only have one?

Of course the easy way out is 'Peter' or for you villain lovers 'Sylar'. But what if you could just have one of the others?

Hhmmmmm....

Invisibility for me I think.

My wife wants to read minds.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia

Journeyman seems all right so far. (plus he uses an iPhone (upside down most of the time but hey))

Bionic Woman seems sorta cheesy to me right now, but heroes had the same effect on me the first two or three episodes in, so, may be promising.

I like Journeyman so far because I usually love anything associated with time travel. Back to the Future ROCKS my world :laugh2:.
I haven't watched Bionic Woman yet but my parents so and they said it's ok, still a bit green but it could develop a bit more.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
So, thought of making a poll about this but I'll just stick it in here, this thread seems to be sticking around....

So far in Heroes, which super power would you like to have if you could only have one?

Of course the easy way out is 'Peter' or for you villain lovers 'Sylar'. But what if you could just have one of the others?

Hhmmmmm....

Haha darn you for not including Peter's powers. Of all of the powers though I would have to go with Matt Parkman's. Being able to read everyone's thoughts would be soo advantageous in real life. Like say you're about to close on a multimillion dollar deal but you're just not 100% sure? BAM! Instand answer. The 2nd I would choose is Claire's power to regenerate and heal, that would be awesome. There would be no limits on anything, plus you can make a ton of money betting people and doing stupid, injurous, things.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007

Hhmmmmm....

yeap if they are working together that's invisible no one can't beat that.
for just 2 people said that peter petrelli and guy name sylar working together that's almost impossible to beat it.since peter petrelli can heal him self same ambility as her sister who can defeat death:laugh2:

this movies is amazing.. by the way does anyone watch prison breaks?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
So my dvr for some reason didn't record the first 25 minutes of the last episode.

Did I miss anything important?

I started where the chick with the black bleeding eyes takes out the guardsmen in the jail cell...

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida

I started watching Journeyman and gave up this week. It seems like a more dramatic version of "Quantum Leap" I really Scott Batula in that show. It was cheesy, but I used to watch it every week.

Bionic Woman has potential to be good, but I keep thinking that Jennifer Garder's character Sydney Bristo from Alias would be so much better in the lead role! Or just Jennifer Garder as this new Bionic woman.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida

Hhmmmmm....

I do not think I would want to read minds. Too much info can be bad and depressing.

I like Mica's ability to make machines do what he wants is really cool! That could be pretty useful, and not painful. Heights scare me so the flying would not be so cool.

What does everyone think Peter and Nathan's mother's ability is?