Holy Antenna, Batman! (Initial Impressions?)

CyberData4

Bronze
Jun 16, 2009
New York
I'm wondering what's everyone's initial impressions for the new and improved antenna used for the iPhone 4? Has anyone noticed a difference? Good or bad? Anyone who's had connection trouble in their area find call stability a fair bit improved since using their iPhone 4?

Nemss316

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
St. Louis, MO
So far, so good here in STL. Made a few calls while working just to test it out, and no issues. Facetime was smooth as butter. Though STL has a real strong 3G reception from ATT, so that could be helping matters, as I never really had an issue w/ my 3G and dropped calls.

ugzruben

Nov 3, 2007
Hi guys, os4 is definitely an improvement. Received my new one at 11am and transferring from 3GS to the 4 was simple

Still have some little issues but I can get over it

1. Still no ability to individually delete a call from the recent call list (I know there is a jailbreak option through cydia but don't want to mess with my new baby). Also don't yell at me that I am trying to hide something from my significant other. My point is why can you delete a text line/thread and not an individual call?

2. Bluetooth ear set is so much better connection quality. Kudos!

3. Wish you could tell it to either increase the number of emails or put a longer shelf life for storing received emails.

4. I kinda wish there was a switch/button/option to not allow it to flip from portrait to landscape.

Other than those minute issues I freaking love my iPhone and I switched from a blackberry 9700

lewis26

Silver
Jun 14, 2010
Chicago
3. Wish you could tell it to either increase the number of emails or put a longer shelf life for storing received emails.

4. I kinda wish there was a switch/button/option to not allow it to flip from portrait to landscape.
3. Settings - mail - show - (select 25-200 messages)

4. Double tap home, scroll left in the multitasking bar, left button is orientation lock.

Michael4989

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
as far as number 4 goes, (if I understand correctly) there is an orientation lock switch. Double tap like you are going to switch apps and go to the left and its the square on the very far left. You can only lock it into portrait though at this time