Holy crap! Help pls

rtc1184

Dec 5, 2008
well i just jailbroke my phone, like 5 mins ago. i did the whole thing like it said on here. i have the iPhone 3g. now i have no contacts and no service? wtf can someone help me pls. thanks in advance

scudder

Bronze
Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Sounds like there was a glitch. Go back and do a 'restore' and then use something simple like Quickpwn for 2.2 Just make sure you are using the correct version. Try hackintosh.org/forum for more specific instructions.

rtc1184

Dec 5, 2008
did a restore and still no service. i downloaded the pwn 2.2 and it said it was successful(however you spell it)

rtc1184

Dec 5, 2008
well i just jailbroke my phone, like 5 mins ago. i did the whole thing like it said on here. i have the iPhone 3g. now i have no contacts and no service? wtf can someone help me pls. thanks in advance

rtc1184

Dec 5, 2008
i have att service. also i got it. just had to play with it for a few hours. already going crazy downloading ABUNCH of new apps. thanks for the responses

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
After you QuickPwn your iPhone the first time you sync/connect back to iTunes it will ask you if you'd like to set it up as a new phone/or from backup. . .
-Hopefully youve backed up your phone cause thats the option you need click

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
After you QuickPwn your iPhone the first time you sync/connect back to iTunes it will ask you if you'd like to set it up as a new phone/or from backup. . .
-Hopefully youve backed up your phone cause thats the option you need click

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
That won't help with the no service issue though. Did you have an option to activate the iPhone? If so did you check it? If you did you need to restore and then rejailbreak and ensure that you DO NOT have that option checked. You could try reseting network settings and see if that helps. Try doing a hard reset and also turn on airplane mode off and on and see what happens. What did you use to jailbreak?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
what did you do if you don't mind answering? Its always a nice thing for people to say the solution so others that have the problem can search and actually find answers.

rtc1184

Dec 5, 2008
what did you do if you don't mind answering? Its always a nice thing for people to say the solution so others that have the problem can search and actually find answers.
i restored it and it didn't have service then either, then i restored it a second time with the pwn restore and it regained service. then jailbroke it and it had service but no contacts, so i restored it a third time after i jailbroke it and had everything.

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
When you connect your iPhone to iTunes, how do you do a full back up of your iPhone? Is there an option or does it automatically do it for you when you hook it up?

rtc1184

Dec 5, 2008
to do a back up i think it is an option, to do a restore you do it yourself. maybe someone else can chime in and help out

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
My only concern after reading this thread is that I never did a "backup" before I JB my iPhone. I don't want to lose all my information if something was to happen so can you still do a back up once your phone had been JB? If so how do you do it?

rtc1184

Dec 5, 2008
My only concern after reading this thread is that I never did a "backup" before I JB my iPhone. I don't want to lose all my information if something was to happen so can you still do a back up once your phone had been JB? If so how do you do it?
i don't have an answer to that. i don't know how to back it up after jb or even before. i just know when i did a restore it had all my contacts and everything back in the phone.