Home WiFi not connecting

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Well, the only router I can reset is my own home router, and this is where I have the least problem. I can't really go around resetting people's routers, much less public hotspots.
I thought you were having problems with your wifi connection. My bad

M

MacDude25

I just got the iPhone for Verizon and I am having the exact problem. I tried doing what Matthew Richter suggested, but that still didn't work. Any other suggestions? I think something might be wrong with my router because I shouldn't be having this problem.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
So in order to know what may be so helpful, it requires visiting your blog to read? Guess I'm trying to rationalize it in my mind why you just couldnt post it here.

You got a hit counter on your blog or something....?
I think it's spam. This member has only one post. Has been reported

TheStar

Aug 17, 2011
i had this problem on my iPhone 3gs for a few days (telecompany reset router remotely)

i knew it had to be the router because my iPhone 4 worked fine

culprit was Extension Channel (common to all SSIDs) was activated at the factory default...
meaning the router only wanted to drive at 300 mbit/s

hope this helped you
Tommy

sasafraz

Mar 31, 2012
All of a sudden, my iPhone 4s refuses to connect to my home network. I am entering the correct password. It says unable to join. My laptop connects fine, so it's not my network. Help, it's driving me crazy.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Try powering off the router. I had a Cisco router that started doing the same thing to me. Would be on wifi one second, go to search something online and poof... no wifi to my phone.
Finally replaced the router and been working fine for a few months now.