Honest questions answered.

ilLegalBeagle

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
activation, and rate plans are NOW available on Apple.com
OK, this is just silly now. Get over yourself. You are NOT an Apple insider. You are NOT privy to any information that we don't already have access to. You are NOT the "Secret Service" for Apple. You are NOT credible. You are NOT impressing anyone any more. You are NOT relevant.

ilLegalBeagle

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
OK, this is just silly now. Get over yourself. You are NOT an Apple insider. You are NOT privy to any information that we don't already have access to. You are NOT the "Secret Service" for Apple. You are NOT credible. You are NOT impressing anyone any more. You are NOT relevant.

ilLegalBeagle
Sorry kolizion, but even if you could provide us with some info, I wouldn't want it because I want it to be a surprise. Sorry.:)

jphawkins

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
Cartersville, GA
Activation will not be done over the phone, kolizion...

All those who scorned me earlier for pointing out an obvious hoax, I will accept your apologies now...

iZman

Jun 23, 2007
Can anyone in the forum give me the updated best in class answer on these questions Please:

I APPRECIATE IT.

couple more questions:

1) we have conflicting fact on the Apple.com store selling the iPhone on the 29th?

True or False? If true how many days from order to delivery?

2) In a major midwestern city, which is better chance of getting a iPhone,
standing in line at the 1) Apple store or 2) the major ATT store?

3) Is the bluetooth headset sold by Apple the same one as jawbone?

4) When will version 2 be available in the US?

5) What would you estimate the total cost of the 8g, Apple care, and the top att date/phone plan? how much total to walk out with that?

6) if your brother wanted to get an iPhone, what advice would you give him so that it would be as stress free adventure as possible and to maximize the poaitive in the experience.

5) are you getting an iPhone for yourself?

Thanks for your valuable time, been quite a ride !

excitedly,

IZman

Kollizion

Jun 25, 2007
Can anyone in the forum give me the updated best in class answer on these questions Please:

I APPRECIATE IT.

couple more questions:

1) we have conflicting fact on the Apple.com store selling the iPhone on the 29th?

5) What would you estimate the total cost of the 8g, Apple care, and the top att date/phone plan? how much total to walk out with that?

6) if your brother wanted to get an iPhone, what advice would you give him so that it would be as stress free adventure as possible and to maximize the poaitive in the experience.

excitedly,

IZman

That is true, I think. But you will be able to order it over the phone, and then they send it through your computer. Now keep this secret, no one knows yet, but you will be able to reach through your computer screen, and pull out an iPhone!

again, through the computer!

No, but the Jawbone is awesome. Apple is selling a similar model that your periodontist installs IN TO YOUR JAW!

Never. Apple will just keep updating the software, and with Job's new joint with your dentist, you can get free updates!

Too much. You don't need a warranty, it has a GLASS screen! You are definitely underestimating this product.

Show him the iPhone you get, and laugh in his face. BTW, wtf is poative?

I already have one, that's why I'm writing all this.

Well, time for me to bowl with my kitty and keyboard.

STAY EXCITED! (that keeps me here)
-Kollizion

2 days left 'till you find out i've been lying.

((secret service)) <-wtf?

DailyMan

Jun 23, 2007
www.halfrumor.com
:cool:

I APPRECIATE IT.

couple more questions:

excitedly,

IZman
Considering the fact that each one of us is in the same position as the other as for as iPhone goes (no one has seen one yet), I can assure you that I will do my best provide you with an answer without much ambiguity.

Answering your questions in the order it was received:

1) There is no conflicting statements on this. It is clearly stated that IT IS available through Apple Online Stores on June 29. Yes, we had little conflicts on the time but, I guess after a chat with the Apple Sales Support, it was made clear that it is 'Ready To Order' from 6:00 PM EST. But, I would personally suggest you to catch hold of a Apple sales person to get first hand information on the timing part.

2) Well, to answer this, I would suggest you to visit http://www.halfrumor.com. There is a separate topic discussing how to decide between AT&T and Apple in any location for that matter.

3) People have experienced JAWBONE. The only time we have heard that Apple's bluetooth is an accessory to the iPhone is on January 19 during the keynote speech by Mr.Jobs. Now, there has been recent updates that the Apple's bluetooth got approved by FCC at the last minute. I would assume, Apple would focus more on improving the iPhone every minute than focussing its resources on the bluetooth. Moreover, heard that Apple's bluetooth does not have a clip to hold on your ears (as shown in the picture) which, is a negative as for as I am concerned. So, I would say as of now, JAWBONE holds a better position to sell with iPhone than Apple's bluetooth itself.

4) No idea. I have few answers for this question but, I am sure those were from some of the few rumors you heard as well. I would personally like to suggest people who are planning to buy iPhone on June 29 to not think about the next generation at this point. We would be lot better keeping away from thinking about the next gen. When you decide to buy now, just buy as if there is no next generation in the near future and at the same time, even if there would be one next generation released in the next 6 months, do not regret that you bought on June 29. This will make your iPhone experience much more happier and unique.

5) If you just want to know about 8GB iPhone / Apple Care, I guess should cost you about $700 (approx.). You may not combine AT&T data / phone plan with your walkout cost because, I guess, you will billed on that only after your usage by the end of your billing cyle (30 days). But, if you add JAWBONE to the walk-out cost, you will end up paying $750 (approx.).

6) If my brother wants to get an iPhone, I would suggest him enjoy every moment till the iPhone reaches his hands as he might not get those moments of curiosity after the phone reaches his hands. Keep looking for updated news on the iPhone 'Launch Progress'. Follow some very useful questions discussed in websites like http://www.halfrumor.com to avoid ambiguity and avoid last minute preparations.

7) Yes, I am going for an iPhone.

-- DailyMan

DailyMan

Jun 23, 2007
www.halfrumor.com
When I set the iPhone on a table will it be in landscape or vertical view? how will the sensor know how I want it?
Well, if you keep the iPhone in portrait mode before laying the phone on a table, it will stay in portrait mode. and if you hold the iPhone in landscape mode before you lay the phone on the table, it will remain in landscape. Isn't that answer simple?

--DailyMan

iZman

Jun 23, 2007
:cool:

Considering the fact that each one of us is in the same position as the other as for as iPhone goes (no one has seen one yet), I can assure you that I will do my best provide you with an answer without much ambiguity.

Answering your questions in the order it was received:

1) There is no conflicting statements on this. It is clearly stated that IT IS available through Apple Online Stores on June 29. Yes, we had little conflicts on the time but, I guess after a chat with the Apple Sales Support, it was made clear that it is 'Ready To Order' from 6:00 PM EST. But, I would personally suggest you to catch hold of a Apple sales person to get first hand information on the timing part.

2) Well, to answer this, I would suggest you to visit http://www.halfrumor.com. There is a separate topic discussing how to decide between AT&T and Apple in any location for that matter.

3) People have experienced JAWBONE. The only time we have heard that Apple's bluetooth is an accessory to the iPhone is on January 19 during the keynote speech by Mr.Jobs. Now, there has been recent updates that the Apple's bluetooth got approved by FCC at the last minute. I would assume, Apple would focus more on improving the iPhone every minute than focussing its resources on the bluetooth. Moreover, heard that Apple's bluetooth does not have a clip to hold on your ears (as shown in the picture) which, is a negative as for as I am concerned. So, I would say as of now, JAWBONE holds a better position to sell with iPhone than Apple's bluetooth itself.

4) No idea. I have few answers for this question but, I am sure those were from some of the few rumors you heard as well. I would personally like to suggest people who are planning to buy iPhone on June 29 to not think about the next generation at this point. We would be lot better keeping away from thinking about the next gen. When you decide to buy now, just buy as if there is no next generation in the near future and at the same time, even if there would be one next generation released in the next 6 months, do not regret that you bought on June 29. This will make your iPhone experience much more happier and unique.

5) If you just want to know about 8GB iPhone / Apple Care, I guess should cost you about $700 (approx.). You may not combine AT&T data / phone plan with your walkout cost because, I guess, you will billed on that only after your usage by the end of your billing cyle (30 days). But, if you add JAWBONE to the walk-out cost, you will end up paying $750 (approx.).

6) If my brother wants to get an iPhone, I would suggest him enjoy every moment till the iPhone reaches his hands as he might not get those moments of curiosity after the phone reaches his hands. Keep looking for updated news on the iPhone 'Launch Progress'. Follow some very useful questions discussed in websites like http://www.halfrumor.com to avoid ambiguity and avoid last minute preparations.

7) Yes, I am going for an iPhone.

-- DailyMan

Thank you so much for your straight answers...after the funny ones...
I just talked to ATT, they are worthless, talked to 2 managers and we know more than they do, they didn't even know the plans were on the Apple site yet...

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
a big argument about online ordering has occurred on this thread. i don't know who to believe...but i noticed something i want everyone to discuss. on Apple.com ->iPhone look at the bottom right corner "where to buy"
it says:
Visit an Apple Store.

Locate an Apple Store near you and experience iPhone firsthand.
Find an AT&T store.

With over 1,800 AT&T stores across the U.S., chances are there’s one close to you.
Buy online.

Browse, shop, and buy your iPhone online. Coming soon. <-----

:mad: could kolizon be right?

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I think not.
Go to http://store.apple.com , click the black iPhone button on the left bar near the search:

"iPhone, the revolutionary combination of a mobile phone, widescreen iPod, and Internet communications device, is coming to the online Apple Store and retail Apple Stores on June 29, 2007, with AT&T as the exclusive U.S. carrier partner"

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
I think not.
Go to http://store.apple.com , click the black iPhone button on the left bar near the search:

"iPhone, the revolutionary combination of a mobile phone, widescreen iPod, and Internet communications device, is coming to the online Apple Store and retail Apple Stores on June 29, 2007, with AT&T as the exclusive U.S. carrier partner"

i realize this, but why say coming soon? i mean it's coming soon to each of those venues...but they only stated it on the Apple.com one. i am thinking that the online store will accept orders on june 29th just like everywhere else. have you bought Apple products before using the Apple store online? i have. sometimes they have a release date for ordering...but it says "ships july 15th" or something like that. remember Apple tv?

JDS

Jun 17, 2007
a big argument about online ordering has occurred on this thread. i don't know who to believe...but i noticed something i want everyone to discuss. on Apple.com ->iPhone look at the bottom right corner "where to buy"
it says:
Visit an Apple Store.

Locate an Apple Store near you and experience iPhone firsthand.
Find an AT&T store.

With over 1,800 AT&T stores across the U.S., chances are there’s one close to you.
Buy online.

Browse, shop, and buy your iPhone online. Coming soon. <-----

:mad: could kolizon be right?
i have personally spoken to Apple and so have many other people on this thread. EVERY SINGLE Apple employee confirms the iPhone will be sold on the Apple online store on Fri June 29th at 6pm PST, the same time for everyone despite what time zone you are located in. I believe this is a definitive answer and there is NO need to doubt this as it has been CONFIRMED multiple times.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
i realize this, but why say coming soon? i mean it's coming soon to each of those venues...but they only stated it on the Apple.com one. i am thinking that the online store will accept orders on june 29th just like everywhere else. have you bought Apple products before using the Apple store online? i have. sometimes they have a release date for ordering...but it says "ships july 15th" or something like that. remember Apple tv?
I have many times.

I think you are reading toooooo much into 'Coming soon'. It is coming soon.

I think it will ship based on availability, and not some random 29 day interval. Maybe, but I doubt it. It might take that long if they sell out of them.

Personally, I am believing Kolizion less and less as more official stuff comes out. While some of his stuff lines up, much of it seems not to.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
i have personally spoken to Apple and so have many other people on this thread. EVERY SINGLE Apple employee confirms the iPhone will be sold on the Apple online store on Fri June 29th at 6pm PST, the same time for everyone despite what time zone you are located in. I believe this is a definitive answer and there is NO need to doubt this as it has been CONFIRMED multiple times.
if every single Apple employee told you that you were a hermaphrodite, would you believe them? :eek:
Apple and AT&T employees are being kept in the dark about details, just like we are. i am not saying i believe kolizon (check my previous postings), im saying he could be right about this thing....or wrong. its still fun speculating!