Honest questions answered.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Do tell what did it say?
Nothing really (it was just a reference, not info), but here is the SMS and email from the video:

Apple Keyboard Video 1:41 said:
Host: Hold on. Let me check...
Host: It's showing at 5:30 in the theater on 3rd Street.
Kate Bell: I thought you were at the park! How did you find out so quick?
Host: Thanks to my new iPhone
Apple Keyboard Video 4:59 said:
Subject: Ratatouille. Change of plans.

Hi Kate,
The seats for Ratatouille have sold out.
The next available show is at 7. We could grab a pizza first, I think we have enough time for a slice or two. Let's invite John Appleseed too. I know a great place a couple of blocks away. I will make a reservation for three

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I have a sneaking suspicion since the 29th is also the opening day for Pixar's Ratatouille, that you'll have at least the trailer of the movie already on the iPhone out of the box, if not the whole flick.
They would never include the full version....lucky for me, I already have the full copy of Ratatouille and that will be one of the first things i sync

Georgeanne1

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
They would never include the full version....lucky for me, I already have the full copy of Ratatouille and that will be one of the first things i sync
I couldnt seem to find a copy of it ANYWHERE! Do you mind posting the link? Thanks a bunch!

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED. AT&T themselves said that the iPhone sim card is no different than anyother. Kolizion while many people doubted you it is now OFFICIAL that you lied to everyone

Georgeanne1

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED. AT&T themselves said that the iPhone sim card is no different than anyother. Kolizion while many people doubted you it is now OFFICIAL that you lied to everyone

Actually, according to this link, you are wrong: http://www.apple.com/iphone/questionsandanswers.html

This question is from Apple's FQA about the iPhone

Can I use the SIM card from my current mobile phone?

You should use the SIM card that came preinstalled in the iPhone

If you could use your old SIM, the reply would have been along the lines of : Yes, but we recommend you use the card that came preinstalled.

Georgeanne1

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
And ps iPhones sim CAN be used with old phones.

Page 34 of 65 States:

iPhone will not recognize your contacts
directly from your existing SIM, but I assure
you that we have several options to help you
successfuly complete this one time transfer.” [Referring to Universal Memory Exchange]​

BillSinAtl

Jun 12, 2007
Atlanta
Countdown

My wife is first in line at a North Atlanta AT&T Store. There are already a number behind her. The countdown is on. One Atlanta facility already has more than 200 lined up.
:mad:

Zorn

Jun 25, 2007
Columbus, OH
Page 34 of 65 States:

successfuly complete this one time transfer.” [Referring to Universal Memory Exchange]​
Yeah I saw this, such crap that in order for them to transfer the contacts for you you need to purchase a flash drive from AT&T. Good way to make a buck for two button presses.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Page 34 of 65 States:

successfuly complete this one time transfer.” [Referring to Universal Memory Exchange]

FROM YOUR EXISTING SIM. You can use the iPhone sim with an older phone. Learn to read.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Yeah, it just doesn't use SIM contacts, it can still use other AT&T SIMs once it has been activated. They only recommend using the new one because it will be the latest AT&T SIMs, old SIMs can cause performance problems.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Well KOLIZION (Car Crash) you where wrong. I activated my phone with SIM that came with (Same as the old one I have) then activated my wife with her old SIM (took new one out of phone installed old one). Would you believe it works. Then to top it all of with, you can swapped SIM's back and forth with olders phones. Some Beta Tester you are.

iphonerant

Jun 29, 2007
iPhone is one of the biggest disappointments!

Just go the new phone, and am having major activation issues with iTunes and with ATT. I think i also got a faulty device, the crappy device keeps freezing!

found a great site with people have the same issues.:oops:www iPhonerant dot com y'all.

:oops:

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Regarding the much debated "order online" issue with Kolizion, the availability at Apple.com is currently 2 to 4 weeks.

Sobe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hollywood, FL
www.genmay.com
Just go the new phone, and am having major activation issues with iTunes and with ATT. I think i also got a faulty device, the crappy device keeps freezing!

found a great site with people have the same issues.:oops:www iPhonerant dot com y'all.

:oops:
With your name being iPhonerant, I'm sure you just stumbled upon iPhonerant.com...
:p