Hoping for new breakthrough frm GeoHot.

Fishermen21

Oct 5, 2009
Hoping for new breakthrough frm GeoHot.

Cos Jus got my iPhone (Singapore) and its at the new bootrom.

Cant do much will the phone.. And certain cydia apps cant be install as it require reboot of device which will cause the iPhone to be stuck at recovery mode...Has to restore the phone all time it got stuck...

Any solution yet?VERY ANGRY!

:mad:
:cool::(:D

tanman44

Bronze
Nov 27, 2009
CANADA
Isn't this because it is a tethered jailbreak? You don't have to restore, just have to run blackra1n again to start up the iPhone.

Fishermen21

Oct 5, 2009
Oh! Thanks v.much. At least I dun feel so bad now. Is there anyway to permanently jailbreak it without blackra1n now?

tanman44

Bronze
Nov 27, 2009
CANADA
And to add to your edit, I still am pretty sure there's no way to do an untethered jailbreak with any jailbreak program.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If this hardware lock proves to be persistent, Geohot just needs to make a solid-state jailbreaker that plugs in via the dock port. We'll all carry it around with our battery chargers.

Fishermen21

Oct 5, 2009
If this hardware lock proves to be persistent, Geohot just needs to make a solid-state jailbreaker that plugs in via the dock port. We'll all carry it around with our battery chargers.
What u mean is that the bootrom is a hardware lock and it's not a software update for the bootrom?

This mean that Apple had build a new chip for all their newer iPhone plus those they use it for replacement when u send your iPhone for an "exchange"?:(