How do I access the everythingicafe mobile template?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The everythingiCafe mobile template is still in beta, but does provide you with an iphone-friendly browser version of the forums. All categories are accessible from the mobile template and you'll find it blazingly fast.

To access the mobile template, select the 'eic' link at the bottom left of the forums. You'll have an option to select 'Mobile beta'.

Note: When you visit the site from a desktop browser, it will remember your preferred template. We hope to fix this in the future, where it will automatically recognize your browser and serve the appropriate template. Repeat the process above and select 'eic'.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Big things or should I say small things will be coming your way. Not sure which one is correct, so let's settle on awesome things.

In related news, the mobile beta will no longer be available starting tomorrow.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
As an App user I tried ignoring this thread but couldn't help wondering what's going on. Guess I'm subscribed to the news feed now. :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is this the feature that I've been waiting for since the app came out?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Sorry but I don't like the app or any other forum apps I prefer the desktop sites
same here i like everything to flow smoothly from desktop to cell. what i see on my desktop is what i wanna see on my cell. with no frag.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
What's coming will allow you to see everything in Safari, but in a whole new way. Full featured, pinch and zoom no longer required.

IMG_0696.jpg

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I think I see what you mean. Like having the (limited) benefits of the app carried over to the mobile browsing experience? The main draw of the app for me is not having to p&z, where everything is automatically formatted.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Chris, how did I get here and how do I get back to it (see pic below)?! This mobile template was pretty cool, but it only (magically?) appeared when I made that one post and then it went back to the full site. Now I'm stuck on Plum...

[hold on for pic; can't directly upload from mobile so I gotta get on the app and edit this post to add it]

EDIT: Weird. I didn't have the ability to edit this post or upload a picture from the app right now, so I had to get on my computer.

Anyway, here's the pic:
photo.PNG

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Actually I like this new template and I usually hate mobile friendly sites but this seems to have the same features as the desktop version just slimmer

Reactions: chris