How do I access the everythingicafe mobile template?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
This is a responsive template. There is no mobile template, not desktop template. Just one template to rule them all.
As it turns out, technically there are two templates, but users shouldn't notice any difference. One is a child of the main, so just some minor differences that allows me to setup and abide by the rules of various ad networks that help keep the site in businesss.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
@chris
Thanks for all the work on the forum and the site upgrades. The new template is really nice.

I only have one request for improvement at this time. The blue box/space image at the top that is behind the links is one big link for the homepage. The landing pads for the links are not much bigger than the text. If you overshoot a little, which is easy to do on a small mobile device, you end up leaving the current page and going to the home page with articles. As a result of that banner being a giant link, I'm inadvertently ending up at the home page multiple times a day, which is becoming increasingly frustrating with time. Is it really necessary to make that area a link for the home page?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just noticed that auto-saved drafts are not limited to the device they were typed on. Awesome! This is very useful. I just started typing something on my phone, but then needed a screenshot from my computer. I was expecting to have to submit the post and then edit it on my computer, but I found that it showed up as a draft on the Mac as well. (y)

Reactions: chris

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
@chris
Thanks for all the work on the forum and the site upgrades. The new template is really nice.

I only have one request for improvement at this time. The blue box/space image at the top that is behind the links is one big link for the homepage. The landing pads for the links are not much bigger than the text. If you overshoot a little, which is easy to do on a small mobile device, you end up leaving the current page and going to the home page with articles. As a result of that banner being a giant link, I'm inadvertently ending up at the home page multiple times a day, which is becoming increasingly frustrating with time. Is it really necessary to make that area a link for the home page?
Update. Kevin just pointed out that it's not the whole starfield on eiC that's a link. The "everythingiCafe" just has a very liberally-sized landing zone. This causes a lot of inadvertent trips to the home page, so it would be nice if that landing pad could be resized in a future update so it's more reasonable and not as easy to accidentally activate.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
@chris Would it be possible to adjust the landing pads so it doesn't take you to the home page if you click in the area of the green circle? Clicking there should take you to alerts or nowhere. I'm accidentally going to the home page multiple times a day when I just barely miss the small alerts link.

image.jpg

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This bug/problem is far worse in portrait mode. I very rarely use landscape mode, but you can at least get past it in that orientation.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Can you post a screenshot? I just want to fully understand it.
I posted a screenshot and explanation several posts up. The landing zone for the home page is way too big. You have to be very careful when you press the alerts button because if you hit just a tiny bit below it, it takes you to the home page.