How do I access the everythingicafe mobile template?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
@chris
Thanks for all the work on the forum and the site upgrades. The new template is really nice.

I only have one request for improvement at this time. The blue box/space image at the top that is behind the links is one big link for the homepage. The landing pads for the links are not much bigger than the text. If you overshoot a little, which is easy to do on a small mobile device, you end up leaving the current page and going to the home page with articles. As a result of that banner being a giant link, I'm inadvertently ending up at the home page multiple times a day, which is becoming increasingly frustrating with time. Is it really necessary to make that area a link for the home page?

This should be fixed now. I've added a bit of space below the bar. Let me know how it works for you.

Reactions: Europa

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This should be fixed now. I've added a bit of space below the bar. Let me know how it works for you.
Thanks. That adds a little a bit more leeway and will help. As long as you don't press the area of the banner that turned dark blue here, you're good.

image.jpg

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Let's use this as a stop gap. I have some research I can do and possibly disable homepage linking from the tap area on mobile only.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The mobile template has been updated. It's now a mobile version of the new design. It should work no differently than before. This should bring a more consistent look and feel throughout your eiC experience. The icons used should look razor sharp on retina displays.

Enjoy! Any issues, please create a new thread in the Site Feedback forum.(y)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
eiC is a fixed width template. For guests, it allows for standard ads. Responsive will adjust to browser window automatically. It's technically the mobile version. It also appears when you are viewing parts of the site that don't have ads, like off topic. They are all the same template. Only difference ends up being whether it is fixed and if it displays ads.