How do I delete songs from my iPhone?

aniatara

Feb 17, 2010
SikShift is right. If you don't want those on your phone any longer, uncheck the particular songs you want removed. You must also be sure to check the option "Only sync checked songs and media". You can highlight multiple songs at once and choose to either "Check or Uncheck selection" to make it a bit easier.
Where do I find the option "Only sync checked songs and media". I can't find it in the preferences or drop down menu of iTunes on my computer. Hopefully I'm just overlooking it!

aniatara

Feb 17, 2010
It worked! Yeah! I had deleted them on iTunes on my computer but not on my iPhone through iTunes. So I did it right now. Thanks so much!

Nino23

May 15, 2010
you can email them to urself with the phones email or an app... once in your email you can download them to camera roll and they will be able to b deleted... its a timely process but it works...

ratman20

Jul 5, 2010
Thank You ! Now I Have another Question. I down loaded music and the words or off and low the instrumental is ok

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Launch iTunes Click File-Show Duplcates... Delete the duplicates.

Then sync again!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I also needed to do this and hadn't figured out this way. Thanks!
Lol. Just be careful what you delete though, don't just assume they are all duplicates. Some songs have the same title etc or you might have differet versions of the same song. So just check before you select all and hit the delete button.

rockermw

Dec 2, 2010
Simply click your iPhone's name on iTunes and you will see Options and enable "Manually manage music and videos"
then you can delete song and set everything you can.

bian999

Mar 21, 2011
simple...

just go to your iPhone in the devices list, and go to summary, then tick the box beside "manually manage music and videos"

austinian

Jun 19, 2011
OMFG all but the last two posts and canukatl's are bad advice, it's not impossible to click and drag songs on and off of your iDevice: turn off sync, say that you want to manage things yourself, then you can drag stuff on and off of your device, like the two posts above say. This allows you to do whatever you want, no checking and unchecking or maintaining a playlist just for your device. I normally don't post on old forums like this, but I hope people scroll to the bottom of this page because this comes up really high in the Google page ranks, so... bad advice right off the bat is an awful thing to have.

Amy Phillip

Aug 28, 2011
I have an iPhone 3GS. When I setup my iPhone, all of my music synced and now I'd like to remove it all. How do I delete all the songs on my iPhone 3GS?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
You can connect your iPhone to your computer, open iTunes, click on your device, select the music tab and uncheck the box that says Sync Music. Then click Sync or Apply on the bottom right and all the music will be removed.

Scott Andrews

Sep 13, 2011
Kadelic, I appreciate the concise answer. But I had a problem ... I do not see a box that says "Sync Music". The button that shows up for syncing is labeled "Autofill".

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Kadelic, I appreciate the concise answer. But I had a problem ... I do not see a box that says "Sync Music". The button that shows up for syncing is labeled "Autofill".
The sync or apply button will not show up unless u make a change in the music section. So if you are trying to delete all songs or a certain playlist uncheck that box and it will then show the sync or apply button.

Sravanikishore

Bronze
Oct 31, 2011
My iPhone is maxed out and I'm looking to free up space. How to delete a song on my iPhone? Do I have to connect to iTunes? It would be more convenient if there is a way to delete them directly on my iPhone. Can anyone help?