How do I delete songs from my iPhone?

iBoss

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
If you are on iOS 5 you can delete songs from your devices just slide your finger from left to right on the song you want deleted and the delete option will come on. It won't deleted from iTunes on your computer though.

Sent from my iPhone4(S) iCafe

Sravanikishore

Bronze
Oct 31, 2011
If you are on iOS 5 you can delete songs from your devices just slide your finger from left to right on the song you want deleted and the delete option will come on. It won't deleted from iTunes on your computer though.

Sent from my iPhone4(S) iCafe
I am on iPhone4

iBoss

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
Sorry, then you have to go to your iTunes on your computer and erase the songs you want from there and sync after you erased them to get them off your devices.

cjasniew

Dec 7, 2011
Lindenhurst, New York
Simply connect iPhone to computer and in iTunes goto your phone device. Select 'Music', sort by album column(double click on album or album artist column) and then find first song and click on it then find last song and SHIFT click then right click and choose delete. Confirm OK when ask 'Do you want to delete from iPhone'

Paulio30

Jan 23, 2012
Pls help, all my music on my iPhone doesn't play, they are still there and so is the artwork but when I press play nothing comes out. Why is this.

sunkist711

Jan 29, 2012
Put your finger on the song you don't want and slide it to the left. A delete button will show up and hit it.

K

Katia

im noob so here we go. im just wondering how i delete songs off the iPhone. i go to iTunes and under My iPhone than music.. i see all the songs but their all faded kind of. and im not able to click them or delete them some how. is there a setting i should be noticed about? thanks
You probably already saw the answer to your question, but just case. Just swipe your finger across whatever song you don't want and red tag marked 'delete' will show up and delete it that way. That's all there is to it.

miraalc

Mar 24, 2012
Actually its not doing that for me, for some reason even though I've turned OFF my iCloud when I try to delete all the songs of my iPhone by unchecking sync music it shows that I've 7.3 GB of music STILL there and for some reason my songs went from 1268 to 1243 so only a few got deleted I don't know why this silly thing is doing this and also my iTunes shows on the bottom that there 1407 songs in my library but when I sync it only shows 1268 songs in the library when you scroll to the very bottom, wanna help?

Jamey

Jul 17, 2012
Can ANYONE help me with getting rid of my iTunes App or something? Reason being, I have Spotify and it already has my music I downloaded and More, but it won't let me get ALL of my "starred" music on because of the space needed and I have (pretty much) doubles of songs on my phone I don't need right now. Email would be best IDK how well this site is ThedevilInAtlanta@yahoo.com Please and Thank You

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
There are no ways to delete the stock Music.app on iOS 5 without jailbreaking the phone. Even then, I believe it's just hidden. Why don't you just delete all of the songs in Music.app and stick the app in a folder the hide it?

Jamey

Jul 17, 2012
Idk what that really means but it doesn't sound like it going to free up any space to sync more songs

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
Can ANYONE help me with getting rid of my iTunes App or something? Reason being, I have Spotify and it already has my music I downloaded and More, but it won't let me get ALL of my "starred" music on because of the space needed and I have (pretty much) doubles of songs on my phone I don't need right now. Email would be best IDK how well this site is ThedevilInAtlanta@yahoo.com Please and Thank You

Let me get this straight, you want to delete ALL songs that are synced on your device? You could try and unsync them via your computer, if that is not possible then you could go to

Settings > General > Usage >

Under Storage, wait for Music to appear then tap it. You will then see how much space your music are using up, tap the Edit button on the top right and this should allow you to delete all music.

Jamey

Jul 17, 2012
If I could remove all my music from the stock music player would that clear space? I will still have this music but on another program. The program is spotofy you should check it out if yOu like music, it's like the YouTube of music

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
If I could remove all my music from the stock music player would that clear space? I will still have this music but on another program. The program is spotofy you should check it out if yOu like music, it's like the YouTube of music
It will clear up space that is occupied by songs synced to the stock music player. Thanks, I am aware of Spotify...

iDevilz

Jul 19, 2012
What you need to do is go to your Music folder on the iPhone, then swipe to the left on the song you want to delete, and it should come up with delete on the right. If this doesn't work then the only way is iTunes.