How do i get the apps/ringtones onto my laptop from my iPhone?

roston100

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
I have a new laptop and have just installed iTunes. I went to sync my iPhone but there are no songs on iTunes on my computer and no apps either etc. I clicked "sync apps" but it then said all apps on my phone would be replaced by the apps on the computer (which is none!)

So how do i get the apps/ringtones etc etc onto my laptop from my iPhone?

thanks in advance

roston100

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
nooooooooooo

i have just syncd it but have lost all my contacts! all of my apps are now randomly spread rather than being in folders and all my music folders have gone and the songs are now single! help!

roston100

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
wont that lose everything ive uploaded in the past few weeks? would rather lose all my contacts than other stuff

saige1r

Bronze
Mar 12, 2010
Every time you sync, it automatically creates a backup first. At least, that's my understanding of how iTunes works. I just sync'd my phone and it backed up before it started the syncing process.

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
Are you on windows or mac? For the apps, you could "Authorize" the laptop first then transfer purchases. As for the songs, there are 3rd party software out there that copies your media off your phone to iTunes. It's a bit like synching backwards...