How do I get the Battery Percentage to Show?

Chessh2036

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I have seen screen shots of peoples batterys having a percentage next to it, how do I get that to show up?

thanks

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
You will need to jailbreak and edit a plist file to get it to show up on the 3G Apple for some stupid reason made it a 3G S only feature.

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
Mine is just a 3G. I had it jailbroken on 2.2.1 with the battery percentage showing up through bossprefs. I am now on the official 3.0 fw and i have both percentage and graphic battery. The setting must have been saved in my previous backup and transferred to this new phone (got it replaced last week). Mine is not currently jail broken, i am also still missing a few icons like stocks and contacts from using poof on my old phone but i am not worried much about that.

Cant tell you why its doing this though.

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
I'm sure someone can submit a hack to enable the battery % indicator without jailbreaking.

BTW cpolaris502, love the "FML" app you have. I have the Pro version, nothing but great laughs.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Wow how silly is that? They could have just put it in. It's not like the hardware is limiting it or anything.

ShaneS429

Jun 19, 2009
I'm a little troubled. Everyone is saying this is a 3GS feature and not in the 3.0 update.

When I updated to 3.0 on Wednesday, and the phone rebooted, I had the battery indicator with the % next to it. Not a jailbroken iPhone or anything. My brother got the 3GS today and the only thing different is that he has the option to turn the % on and off in his settings.

EDIT: I jailbroke my phone months back and have had it normal for a while. Apparently my phone must of kept some settings from when I jailbroke it a while back.

jeannie1957

Jul 2, 2009
I just upgraded from a 3GS 16gb to a 3GS 32gb. My 16gb indicated the battery charge % (I don't know how). Now I can't get it to show on my 32gb. Any suggestions/ How did your brother change the settings? Thanks.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I just upgraded from a 3GS 16gb to a 3GS 32gb. My 16gb indicated the battery charge % (I don't know how). Now I can't get it to show on my 32gb. Any suggestions/ How did your brother change the settings? Thanks.
On a 3Gs, go to Settings/General/Usage/Battery Percentage = On